Chinese Made Nuvinci Hub

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I probably am misspelling Nuvinci but so be it. I was searching the web for the Nuvinchi Hub and found a web site from China that is selling them. What really surprised me was that they used the name Nuvinci Hub. As soon as I saw that it was made in China I took off so I don't even know what they were selling them for. Just thought I would give a heads up to everyone.

Terry

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
China makes a copy of just about every product on the market and most everything is made there anyways. Considering I don't see anything on Fallbrook's website claiming "Made in USA" I can only assume they're NOT made here and there's only one place an American company would outsource their manufacturing to...

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
Right on the money. The first couple generations of hubs were made in the USA, first by ATC in Oaklahoma City than by MTD in Leitchfield, Kentucky. Now they are made in Nantong China by the Tri-star Group.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I wouldn't immediately assume it's inferior simply due to the country of manufacture - I would seek reviews by people whom actually own one before judging quality. While known for the commonplace low cost, shoddy products, not all items made in China have such low standards.

While cloned copies may be problematic, factory authorized Chinese products can be impressive - Sturmey Archer's multispeed & internal gen drum brake hubs are a prime example. While made in China - their durability far exceeded expectations and their machining borders on art;

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
My reason for saying what I did had nothing to do with build quality. I'm having a little private war on things made in China due to the trade deficit. Whenever I can do it I buy American even if I have to pay more. It ain't easy either! LOL

I don't try to talk others into doing as I do. I just get a little satisfaction out of it.

Terry

mrleo

Aug 16, 2011
cal.
I own a Nuvinci hub and its taking a real beating with my morini but its only a 5.8 so time will tell. i would rather buy USA .Money talks
L.W.

Vinci

Aug 18, 2010
Austin, Tx
My reason for saying what I did had nothing to do with build quality. I'm having a little private war on things made in China due to the trade deficit. Whenever I can do it I buy American even if I have to pay more. It ain't easy either! LOL

I don't try to talk others into doing as I do. I just get a little satisfaction out of it.

Terry
Terry,
You're still employing a lot of people in the US in good jobs - engineers, technicians, customer service, etc - by buying NuVinci. It's a global company, like everyone who has to compete these days, but Fallbrook has more than a hundred US staff. .flg.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Valid points all around & buy what you will - but I should remind folks that boycotts, trade deficits & job markets all constitute politics & as this is an international forum it's simply a matter of perspective. We have members of many different nationalities - which is one reason why we discourage political & religious discussion.

Quality, availability, pricing & alternative products? Sure, but if you wish to debate global economics, there are other forums better suited for such.