Vintage Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
So I got my hands on three very nice antique bikes.First one is a 1973 Huffy Bay Pointe (3 Speed Hub) everything original.The second one I believe is a 1959 Murray Meteor Flite all original down to the original tubes witch lead me to think it has never been rode! My third find is a 1958 AMF Roadmaster Skyrider once again this bike is all original in excellent shape. However,all three of these bikes have little to a lot of surface rust on the chrome..I would like to restore each bike,possibly motorized them or sell them off.I have a couple of questions if anyone could give a little information I'd appreciate it.

What are the values of these bikes not restored?

Say they were fully restored,what are they worth?

How about motorizing atleast one of them?

Talked to a Antique shop today,they claimed to not know anything bout these but yet the lady is very interested,she called twice and told me she would drive the 20 miles here to pick them up.I really have no use for these type of bikes,but I'm not sure..I will probably restore the chrome and sell them.

What do ya think? Thanks :D

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
post some pics and i can probably give you a ballpark on the value. the murray is probably the best of all, if it has the tank with the lights, and they work.

all 3 of these bikes were pretty cheap models back then. in really good condition, and with the right buyer, you might get $200-250 for the Murray, maybe $200 for the AMF, and 50 bucks for the huffy.

restoring them will probably cost more than they're worth, unless they clean up really well, and it takes nothing but time.