Another Board Racer Electric

GoldenMotor.com

Petorius

Jan 15, 2010
Warwickshire UK
As i have picked up a lot of inspiration here from you chaps over the pond i thought it only fair to show my own effort that i made last year.

3 x 12V batteries and controller in the fake tank and brushless hub motor in the rear wheel.

Attachments

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
Nice job. Is it all wired up? I don't see any wires except the one under the L chainstay. What do you have for brakes?
Dave
KC

Petorius

Jan 15, 2010
Warwickshire UK
It is all wired up, i ran the cables through the frame exiting just in front of the pedal crank. The hub brake took a while to find, no rear brake though. This picture shows the brake more clearly.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
*looks @ grimy hands*

Geez... I'm not allowed anywhere near that bike lol, but I likes it! What's it's approximate range?

Petorius

Jan 15, 2010
Warwickshire UK
Thanks for the positive comments chaps, the bike was built on a budget just to keep me amused in the evenings, the frame was salvaged from the tip and new tubes cut and brazed in to suit and i made the tank (fortunately it does not need to hold fuel or i would have been in trouble). The Motor is only 200/250W the legal maximum in the UK and is no flying machine. The range should be around 20miles i think, though it all depends how much you use the pedals. I truth i have hardly ridden it and will be looking to sell it to find something else to make. The only drawback with this arrangement is with the batteries in the tank it does make the bike quite top heavy.

Attachments

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
The "tip" is what we in the states call the "dumpster" right? And I am amazed that the UK limited you to only 250w. I guess you would just have to adapt your riding style to compensate for the top heavy weight balance. Still, your riding in style on that bike.........LOL