float is full of gas

GoldenMotor.com

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
Is the float suppose to have gas filled init ? Like this ? Thanks I don't think it's suppose to also there is no gasket. Had fuel leakin g all over the place.

you have a dead float for sure need to replace that booger. No fuel should be in those ever.
Norman

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

mpnavarro1

Apr 18, 2009
california
i would like 2 no if i have a full floaster of gas.becuase my throttle get stuck.i already replased the throttle cadle .do guy no if it is carb or mycarb neddle.:-||

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
a sticking throttle is due to the cable binding or the throttle slide binding. If you have a lot of tie straps on the throttle cable undo them/cut the cable ties off so your cable has some freedom then see if your throttle stops sticking. Over tightening the cap on the carb will also cause a binding of the throttle slide finger tight on the carb slide cap should be good enough or just a very little tightening the throttle should snap shut on its own. Open the throttle wide open let go of the throttle grip it should snap closed on its own. Another area is the handlebars under the throttle grip if they are painted sand off all paint you want the throttle twist grip to be able to spin on the handle bars. last is the throttle twist grip clamping area on the bars you have to have bars that will fit no bends in the throttle mounting area. Some binding insde of the assembly can be trimmed with careful sanding of the binding area, The grip can also be put on too far and rub/bind the twist grip.
Norman