Which Bike ?

GoldenMotor.com

Beetle Juice

Jun 6, 2009
north carolina
Hello all Beetle Juice here I have had great response here on the forum Thanks for all your help . I have another ? I have been looking around at Wal-mart or a bike and have found a schwinn 7 speed with an aluminum frame for around 159.00 I like the light weight and the gears because I am thinking of adding a transmission later from sick cycle part but some say the aluminum is a bad choice because you can weld on it or the frame is to weak.
#2 I also found a steal frame Huffy for 89.00 same place standard drive no gears no hand brakes just pedal brakes but steal frame .

The schwinn has more features but should I be worried about the aluminum frame Thanks Beetle Juiceusflg

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Is the wally world bike the Point Beach?
Walmart.com: 26" Men's Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser Bike: Bikes, Scooters & Skates

I have built several alum. framed MBs with no problems. Steel is preferred by most though.

A coaster brake alone is a bad idea even on a bicycle not motorized IMHO, doubly so on a MB. At the very least you would want to add front brakes. Gears really come in handy. Helping with hills, starting off and some of us forget no matter how good on gas, they do go dry. Then have to peddle home or to the gas station.