Anyone game for motorizing one of these..?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Heck just build a cool pusher trailer for it witha a Predy 212cc under the hood, make it look like a classic tear drop camper, paint it the same color as the bike and BAM.... a real conversation piece at the local rod run and car shows....

I'm gonna build me a bike up with a 4 stroke pusher at some point, that is on my list of things to do when I can for sure.

Wind noise is bad in second vid but 95 KMh is scooting right along that roughly 59.03 MPH, that will make a semi Redneck Texas boy holler Yee Haw....real loud as he rides by...LOL!

http://youtu.be/lTPGTliB6fg

http://youtu.be/bDSkjz8tOcY

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Ludwig, hehe, can you even picture an engine above a 3' tall wheel?
That weight should be below the pedals just to keep your balance at low speeds I'd think.

It kind of reminds of this comic ;-}

A little rich for my blood, but put one in my shop with welder and plasma cutter ready... I'll get an engine to fit in there...
I'll bet you could too ;-}

The problem is how close the front and back wheels are, like a 20" bike, only enough in the middle for the pedal cranks and back up to clear the front wheel.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I'll bet you could too ;-}

The problem is how close the front and back wheels are, like a 20" bike, only enough in the middle for the pedal cranks and back up to clear the front wheel.
Yup.. I keep looking at that area wishing I had some measurements, but stretching the frame does come to mind here.
One could cut out the down tube and use a KTM or one of it's clones as a stressed member to what would be left of the down tube and rigid mounted at the seat post. The bike would definitely need some type of suspension tho if the engine was used as a structural member of the frame to avoid cracking something expensive... maybe a slightly extended Monarch fork up front and convert the rear to a swing arm with a short travel shock/spring assembly or a polymer shock just enough to soften any road roughness would do...

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
OK, mount the friction driver like Benelli's first cyclemotor unit. Behind the rear wheel.