Not too happy with AGK

GoldenMotor.com

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
At least so far. Getting an email response from them is not happening for some reason.

They have no number so you can't call them. Or at least I have not been able to find one.

I bought a HF 79 cc long tube exhaust from them but before it reaching my door I have to pay an additional $20.60 for a "re boxing" charge because AGK did not put it into a proper box.

I have been trying to get a hold of them but no success.

Anyone have the same issues before?

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
It's racing season out there. They're not too easy to get a hold of this time of year. Those that live in California might chime in and say otherwise. However, I've ordered from them a few times; always waited over a month for what I ordered. Never had a packaging issue like your describing. If it don't work out, let me know and I can build you an exhaust

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
He shipped it within a reasonable time it's just he did not ship it correctly. Yes it's a first time with me too having this kind of an issue.

I had to have USPS send it back because I'm not paying just over $31.00 for shipping from CA for this part, that's crazy.

We have got to meet up as now I may be taking you up on that offer with the exhaust.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
When I originally bought my 79cc predator, I ordered all new gaskets from AGK. I replaced them all last week and went ahead and ordered more from AGK so I would have back ups. They arrived in a timely manner, about 5 business days, but when I opened the package today everyone of them was the wrong one except for one! :'-( I'm sure it was an oversight or a simple mixup. I just dont feel like getting into a hassle over a few gaskets.....

Last edited:

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Why should you have to pay the re-boxing fee if it was packaged incorrectly by the seller? Is it because the postal service accepted it in the first place and then re-boxed it themselves? Doesn't seem fair the buyer should have to incur a cost for something the seller did.

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
They finally emailed me back.

"If you are referring to a shipping price you see on the label, we absorbed the extra cost. Qur website did not charge you enough for shipping and that's our fault. We have not charged you for extra shipping".

I have no idea as I never saw the package because I called the post office before heading over. The post office told me that I needed to pay the additional cost.

What I don't get now is why in the world would USPS send a package out that they knew was not totally paid for by the sender unless the sender told them to COD the balance to me. Based on the email AGK sent that additional cost was already taken care of at the time they sent it.

Go figure, someone don't have their ducks in a row that's for sure.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
That stinks..they will.do you right....but its kinda late. I hate waiting for parts and waiting more than a Week is the worse ..let alone a month

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
What do you know, after a scathing e mail that I sent yesterday I get the part. It did go out the 25th though according to the label. Sighhh...well at least its resolved. Weather AGK just dropped the ball or USPS or a combination of both was at fault still is a mystery to me but at least its taken care of.

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
Well I placed another order with them and this time they were right on top of it. I placed it in the afternoon of last Tuesday and got it that Saturday. Unlike the previous time I got a tracking number right away too so that helped.

Way to go AGK.