the demons of speed have found me!

GoldenMotor.com

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
How do I mke 50cc go zoom! I want SPEED like crazy-you'l-kill-your-self-before-you-start-it speed
Gearbox? Sbp shifter? Porting? New carborator? Sprocets? Help!! Feel free to post any ideas hat even come close to popping into your heads
{Shiver} I ran out of pizza rolls. :-[

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
I used to have a yamaha roadstar 1600 cc .
2 guys i worked with .. 1 guy had a 750 gsxr the other a 60s or 70s porshe 911
both told me the same thing ( holy cow that thing is pretty quick )
i was actuall quite suprised when they told me they had trouble keeping up ( accelerating from 0-120 km/h ) ... i don,t know ... around 3-4 seconds
i never really noticed because the bike was so heavy and smooth .. i could drive highway speed ..no windshield .. drinkin a cup of coffee .. stearing with one hand , like i was sitting at a kitchen table .
but before that i had a 650 and had to hold on for dear life doing 120 km/h...about 70 mph
but to tell you the truth , what i enjoyed best , the nice slow relaxing rides nice country back roads ... just puttin along lookin for places to drop a line and catch a fish . the smell of spring plants and flowers ( something you don't even notice in a car )

but i do understand you need for speed .. even i like to crank it once in a while .

just promise ( not me ...but yourself ) to make sure your brakes are up to par .
if your gonna go fast .. you wanna be able to stop fast ..... just sayin .

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
great turbo aprilia!
a smog pump might work for a boost...
Augie took his ike to the salt flats and got 1mph.cc
...with a string trimmer!
rc

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
shifter, expansion pipe, and hp carb will get you 1 mph per cc and be reliable for a few thousand miles to boot. Use a stand-up scooter motor instead of a bike-kit motor.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
shifter, expansion pipe, and hp carb will get you 1 mph per cc and be reliable for a few thousand miles to boot. Use a stand-up scooter motor instead of a bike-kit motor.
well thanks! sounds ez enuf... even I can probly do that! :)

the little stand-up scooters are almost always up for sale on craigslist... cheep
I figger they are mostly thrashed, though. no matter what the seller sez!

I guess with a jackshaft, running a shifter kit, u gotta run a front freewheel...
then u gotta leave the pull starter on the motor...
I already got a weedeater hedge trimmer I was hoping to run cuz it's only abt 23cc I think. I'm gonna scorch the pavement! lol

Best
rc

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
Peddles? ! ? With a shifter and pull start you dont need no stinking peddles...

Also, check your local laws for 'Motorized Foot Scooter'. In my jurisdiction, I can go every where I need to.

Rather than mounting the motor in a bike frame, I just put all the bike parts on the scooter and ride it as a recumbent. Its also a nice profile to cruise, as well as tucking in and going for the speed run.

Attachments

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
pick up yourself a shimano tricycle tranny that they provide for torker trikes.

89 dollars and wicked strong. Here we have no expansion chamber, and no HP carb. It still hits 42 MPH after a couple thousand miles. The CVT's I've used would burn up and never get me past 35. ****! I spent more money on belts than I did on this tranny.

The motor tops out at around 6800 to 7200 rpm. So imagine what kind of freakiness you will get with the aspiration additions such as expansionchamber, hp carb, and god forbid, use a real scooter engine like thay have on gopeds rather than the china knock-off I have.

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
LOL
I remember seeing the pic of your 'coal scuttle bike' a while back, Bowl !
Gosh that looks like fun!
Like an adult BigWheel!
lol

maybe... :)
rc

question: what 3 speed hub do they use? tnx!

Last edited: