How many Miles on your Engine ?

GoldenMotor.com

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
I was wondering on the Bikes with Trip meters / Speedos for the most part How many Trouble Free Miles have you ran your Engine . And what Type Engine is it . I ordered a 80/66cc Super Rat hoping it will run well and hold up for some time ? Also is there things that you have done that Helped you Engine Live a Long Life ?

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
It all depends on how well you maintain it but i have heard of other members going over 3,000 miles. I personally wouldnt buy a super rat i think its a waste of money.

Its a little 2 stroke, they are less complicated than a 4 stroke-there isnt alot of things that can go wrong with it.

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
At first I really wanted a 4 stroke rear mounted Engine . But most places were out of stock and there cost is much higher . And it's for a first build . I have owned many Mini Bikes and still have a few Engines . I almost mounted a 3.75 H.P tiller Engine on the back of My bike but Cops would have pull that bike over as soon as it rolled on the street . And that Build sure would not Look so good either . I can see how the 4 stroke Engines can Last Longer . But then again I have had Chain Saws all 2 Stroke that I ran wide open for Hours at a Time and they held up well ? Most 4 stroke Bike Engines that I have looked at seem to be 50cc is there a Larger cc 4 stroke Engine kit available ?

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Believe what you will, but I have over 15,000 miles on a Dax 2 stroke. Mag went out once. 66cc on a Schwinn Point Beach. And it looks sweet. ride it every day :)

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
ive got over 1000 miles on a grubee 66 all ive had to change is the intake gasket a month ago fires rite up and pulls like nothing else,but i will say Ive went thru 3 frames with that motor,

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I have 2064 miles on my HF 2.5 and it runs like it was new. Had a little trouble with the carb.

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I have about 500 miles on my new Tanaka 47R engine.

I'm 64, so this engine should last my lifetime.xct2

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I just hit 300 miles on mine ,66cc grubee .After I threw away the cns gen 2 carb it ran fine after putting the gen 1 carb on it.My other build blew the crank after 100 miles so I put a BGF replacement motor on it ,it runs better than any motor so far and has more power and its not even broken in.I have read up on the service that needs to done,I check it over after and before every ride.I hope to get at least a 1000 miles out of the motors.
dance1

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
I have a 49cc skyhawk , around 1,200 miles now.... now probs except I had to put an NT carb on it. Also , a rock got caught in the chain once and had to replace it.

So far so good......

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
I have over 4000 miles on a Tanaka 32cc. I had to replace the spark plug at 3000 mi and the gas tank because it developed a hairline fracture. (A friend did drop it on its side when getting off, and I think it landed on the tank.)