new from ohio with question

GoldenMotor.com

ryito1122334455

Jun 30, 2010
ohio
Hi everyone I'm new and excited to start my project soon

Workin with a huffy cranbrook, champange. And lookin to put
On a grubee 66cc. Any comments on if it will pair up well?
Also I'd lilke to know if I can put on hand brakes without
To much trouble. Any response is appreciated. From youngstown ohio

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Welcome ryito.

If you have the U-Bolt front mount, you may find it needs to be bent a little to match the angle of the bend in the front of the frame on the cranbrook in order to keep the rear one somewhat straight, and give your carb a good level.

I purchased front and rear u-brakes for mine for $15. The front ones went on fine (removed fenders) but the hole for brakes on the rear of the frame is drilled at an improper angle. Don't know if it's a defect on my bike or if they're all like that, but it would need to be welded up and then re-drilled at a different angle. Or you could try messing around with the u-brakes to give them a sort of angle.

I find a cheap set of front handbrakes works great. The more expensive ones tend to lock the wheel and you go face-first into the pavement. Do some road testing when you get them at slower speeds (and with a helmet).

Other than that, at least get a new hub for the rear wheel. THIS is what happens after ~100 miles to the stock one (says "FALCON" across the brake bar). Some are chrome and some are black. The one in the picture is chrome, but I had the black one and it did exactly the same thing. New hubs are like $30, and I believe the Shimano CB-110 (sometimes called the CBE-110 or CB-110E) will fit the same spoke set (260mm & 258mm). It's also pretty in-expensive and still gives you the coaster brake.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
If you got a motor with the large tube front mount all you need is two 5/16" nuts between the rear spacer and the motor to have a direct fit.

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
i drilled the frame on my schwinn riverside and it worked great for 500 mile or o i old th bike after im working on a cranbrook build and jut drilled the frame today the motor on these aint all that powerfull i think it will work fine i recomend using an automatic center punch to mak the hole it will make life much easyer im from pittburgh lookin for people to ride with maybe even take the local bike nite a quaker teak and lube by storm 50 or so shreiking twostrokes

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
well lets remember the cost of a hobby if i had thousands of dollars to spend i would be building custom motorcdycles but i dont so i make bicycles with gloryified weedeater motors on them how many miles do you expect from less than 350 dollars the stock motor will only pull jst a bit faster than you can go down hill its not like we are dealing with highperformance engines and high speed just have funn and i enjoy the attention that my bikes