completed 3 wheeler project

GoldenMotor.com

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
hi guys well i finally finished my 3 wheller with a 80cc motor & a racing carb from zoom. i will post pictures need help to do that i took a ride today and this thing flies real comfortabe i have designed machined motor mounts frt & rear from billet aluminum i have the kit available if anybody is interested i used a schwinn meridan from walmart seems like a good 3 wheeler rides easily without the engine asst it blew the wheels off my 2 wheeler 80cc stock without the racing carb i cant get the racing carb to idle properly any help

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
hi fair racing thanks for the welcome i thank you for the info im still learning to navagate this computer but havent concoured the picture thing i will make 3 more posts to be able to show my trike again thank you

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Warrior.
There aren't many of us 3 wheel guys here but maybe you and I can promote the concept. Another member, Saddletramp, has a Meridan and there are a few others. I have a Trailmate Joyrider. Maybe if more join the 3 wheel club we can have our own section on the forum. Please post pictures as soon as you master that hurdle.
Tom

Flight Risk

Jan 25, 2010
I'm new on this list also. I just bought a 48cc Grubee and am waiting for it to arrive before deciding on what bike to mount it on. I have a 35 yo 10 speed, a 40 yo 3 speed, 2 mountain bikes and a 40 yo three wheeler, mostly identical to the Meridian. I would be currious to hear how your 3 wheeler turns out.

Rod S

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
This sounds like it's worth the wait for the photos...we can help you get the photo posting thing down too, just ask!

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats up there brotha,so you cant get the race carb dialed in? maybe its not supposed to idle and meant for racing at higher rpms- no just kiddin.thats interesting though cause im runnin the race carb as well although i havent fired my motor yet but soon. i wonder if i will have a similar problem.when you say it wont idle,what exactly do you mean? it idles to high or it dies out?

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
Welcome Warrior.
There aren't many of us 3 wheel guys here but maybe you and I can promote the concept. Another member, Saddletramp, has a Meridan and there are a few others. I have a Trailmate Joyrider. Maybe if more join the 3 wheel club we can have our own section on the forum. Please post pictures as soon as you master that hurdle.
Tom
hi tom that sounds great maybe the other guys will share some pics if i can get my act together i will also who makes your 3 wheeler? cliff

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
I'm new on this list also. I just bought a 48cc Grubee and am waiting for it to arrive before deciding on what bike to mount it on. I have a 35 yo 10 speed, a 40 yo 3 speed, 2 mountain bikes and a 40 yo three wheeler, mostly identical to the Meridian. I would be currious to hear how your 3 wheeler turns out.

Rod S
hi rod im reallyvery happy the way my 3 wheeler handles it really flies when i bujlt my 2 wheeler i couldnt ride that far without a lot of aches & stress but with the trike ijust kick back and cruise at about 1/4 throttle plus i got a nice space for things in the rear basket i havent tried a 10 speed yet my 2 wheeler is a beach cruiser well good luck cliff

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
whats up there brotha,so you cant get the race carb dialed in? maybe its not supposed to idle and meant for racing at higher rpms- no just kiddin.thats interesting though cause im runnin the race carb as well although i havent fired my motor yet but soon. i wonder if i will have a similar problem.when you say it wont idle,what exactly do you mean? it idles to high or it dies out?
hey tommyboy since i posted that statment i have almost ran a tank of gas through it and it is getting alot better but at first it would rev on its own when you pulled the clutch in as you were slowing and i had to semi choke it to control it from running wild there is very little adjustment i reaqlly enjoy the handle bar choke beats my 2 wheeler its a pain feeling for that little lever to open it after it starts

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
This sounds like it's worth the wait for the photos...we can help you get the photo posting thing down too, just ask!
thanks joe my wife will be back in town this weekend she said its easy but i first have to get a device to plug into the computer then i can plug the camera card into that will get one tomorrow and give it a try i think it looks real trick wait for other opinions cliff

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
As usual the Old Coot, rotfl gave me up. I have built 6 Meridian trikes and would love to swap ideas with anybody with the interest in going slow and looking good..trk

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
As usual the Old Coot, rotfl gave me up. I have built 6 Meridian trikes and would love to swap ideas with anybody with the interest in going slow and looking good..trk
HI SADDLE TRAMP SORRY I CASHED OUT ON YA I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO EXCHANGE IDEAS AND PICS BUT I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND IF I STILL HAVE TO WAIT TO POST THEM I GOT THE THING I WAS MISSING AND WILL TRY NOW I JUST PREVIEWED THIS POST AND I THINK IT WORKED NOW I KNOW HOW TO POST PIC I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED HAVE ALOT OF NEW IDEAS FOR EXHAUST HEADER STRETCHED RAD GAS TANK GREASE ZERTS FOR AXLE HUB AS FAST AS THIS IS I NEED TO REWORK REAR BRAKE SO I CAN STOP ANY IDEAS ON THESE OPTIONS CLIFF

Attachments

Flight Risk

Jan 25, 2010
Warrior, Your bike and the pics turned out real good. As mentioned earlier I have an older 3 wheeler. Does your bike have a differential or does it have drive to one rear wheel like mine? If so are you powering the same drive wheel or the freewheel? I just installed my engine on a no-suspension mountain bike and it is knocking me apart, so I'm thinking of other bikes to use.

Rod

chewy

Jan 30, 2010
North Idaho
Very cool trike. I'm new around here but am interested in trikes. Anyone have any links to motorized trike pics? Thanks in advance.

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
Warrior, Your bike and the pics turned out real good. As mentioned earlier I have an older 3 wheeler. Does your bike have a differential or does it have drive to one rear wheel like mine? If so are you powering the same drive wheel or the freewheel? I just installed my engine on a no-suspension mountain bike and it is knocking me apart, so I'm thinking of other bikes to use.

Rod
hi rod i power mine from the drive wheel it just so happened i just assumed both wheels were drive wheels i found out after i completed and rode it i even thought something was loose so only one wheel was working ya gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough i see a problem coming with uneven tire replacement & wear will keep you informed

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
UN even tire wear,,,,,,,do the wheels exchange from side to side?,,or just switch the tires side to side?

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
hi corgi 1 i thjink thats a great idea im going to try to rotate them this week does anyone recommend a tire for long distance street riding that may be alot better than the factory tires cliff

Steve M

Nov 27, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Nice looking 3 wheeler, about the muffler it looks like you used shielded conduit or something else?
I like it and would like to know how you did it and hows it sound?
Nice, Steve.