This bike is goin' on Ebay....

GoldenMotor.com

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
I had to share this with the forum. I received my first hate mail today after the ebay bike sold.

It was from Ron Smith of Mountain View, California. Email- [email protected]

I reads as follows;

Congratulations on selling your bike so quickly, especially since you're illiterate and couldn't even type one line in the title or description and get it. But pity the fool who paid $1500 for a goofy bike you have to lay down to ride and has a cheap chinese junk engine. Knowing the crook buyers on ebay, I'd be surprised if you even got paid.

Jealousy is really unbecoming. Just thought I would share.

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
What a no talent A$$ Clown!!!

Maybe he tried to sell a bike he made and it didn't work out so well. I'm sure he has low self esteem and feels better by putting down others...why else would a stranger go out of there way to send an email like that. Very nice that he left his name and email...

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
I have name email and hometown. I got the email to my personal email. I still reported it to ebay and they flagged that name and email. I think he used a different email from his ebay account. You guys hit the nail on the head, he could not sell his. The reason I share on this forum is so any of us can gain knowlege and sell our bikes if we choose.
Definitely report him if it came thru e-bay.
You have no idea who he is? Sounds like a complete jerk.

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
More fun from Ron Smith of Mountain View, California. Email- [email protected]

I wrote back: Who are you? And what business is it of yours to say these things. Just for the record you should never send an email that contains slander. It has been saved.

Ron Smiths reply: Slander? I said you're illiterate. It's a fact and is proven in the countless posts you make on forums and elsewhere. I said the bike had a cheap chinese junk motor on it. Fact. I have a right to my opinion but I'm sure you don't like that. You aren't embarrassed to make posts when you can't even spell simple words?

Ron is just angry and amusing. I think it is funny and just wanted to share the continuing saga.

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
A popular Bible verse says, "From whence [come] wars and fightings among you? [come they] not hence, [even] of your lusts that war in your members?"

So this one is easy. The guy is envious and it is so built up that he has to express it. He wishes to have the same attention you are getting and/or to get the same money for his bike.
Was his bike powered differently? I bet not. As nice? I bet not. This wouldn't sit well with many and he is likely just a kid or very insecure.
The anonymity of the internet creates lots of pros. Once revealed, they are not as skilled or knowledgeable as they think they are - as evidenced by his failed sale of what he feels is a similar item(it is obviously not as nice). That is difficult for people to take. An adult would be motivated to improve his skills and ask questions. A child will lash out in defense putting your work down hoping to make his look better in comparison.
Sorry. I know this is all too obvious.
Keep fabricating my friend!
Dave
KC