Each and Every Time.....

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hi everyone,
Each and Every Time I've gotten on my bike....ever since it was first built....it has NEVER failed me.....it's been almost a 1000 miles now....not once has it failed to fire up and take me from here to there....and back......I've done the required maintenance....checking the plug....scooping out the muffler.....squeezing out the air filter.....torquing various bolts and nuts....adjusting the chain tensioner.....blah,blah and blah.....you get the gist.....I blaze at all possible times....yes I've eaten sh*t on it....face plants.....ass grinds.....etc......the bike always performs flawlessly.....am I lucky or is there some sort of divine providence involved here ......my bike is named " The Scream "......appropriate ?

Thanks Y'all,
Saltybrnot

Attachments

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
all i can say, is good on ya!

if you look after ANYTHING it will reward you with a face full of **** at the most unopportune time!

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
my "divine" mechanical laziness rewarded me with a broken flush with the lower casing mounting stud last night on the way to work. my divine mechanical abilities had 1/4" hard torq allens tapped into the holes and fixed this morning after my shift...

and the night before my divine mechanical laziness ='d failed angle iron motor mounts... ability shone again during my lunch break when i cut and drilled a piece of 1/4" steel plate instead lol

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
what kind of motor do you have and where did ya get it.

Thanks

I got the kit from Zoom.it's a simple 49 gig slant head....all black........Red B66 ( a moderator here ) helped me get it right.....I swear to God I've not had an issue yet.....I've taken this bike out in the most extreme ( Florida Wise ) weather.....pouring rain.....high winds....As*hole motorists flipping me off....I think you can infer.....

Thanks,
Saltybrnot

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
my "divine" mechanical laziness rewarded me with a broken flush with the lower casing mounting stud last night on the way to work. my divine mechanical abilities had 1/4" hard torq allens tapped into the holes and fixed this morning after my shift...

and the night before my divine mechanical laziness ='d failed angle iron motor mounts... ability shone again during my lunch break when i cut and drilled a piece of 1/4" steel plate instead lol

Fear not for behold.........you have to have Faith.....we are NOT our own destines........

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Salty,
What Venice Boy says is oh so true. I'd bet you have loads of mechanical talent and know when and where to apply them to your bike. I've been as fortunate as you and have absolutely no problems except for one leaking crankshaft seal, which I fixed and that motor is running strong today. You undoubtedly have the ability to look at and recognize potential problem areas and address them before they become problems or failures. Many are not blessed, or cursed, with that ability. Consider yourself fortunate and have fun, ride careful.
Tom

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Salty,
What Venice Boy says is oh so true. I'd bet you have loads of mechanical talent and know when and where to apply them to your bike. I've been as fortunate as you and have absolutely no problems except for one leaking crankshaft seal, which I fixed and that motor is running strong today. You undoubtedly have the ability to look at and recognize potential problem areas and address them before they become problems or failures. Many are not blessed, or cursed, with that ability. Consider yourself fortunate and have fun, ride careful.
Tom
Thanks Tom !.....a lot of these issues are common sense....and being mechanically inclined certainly does help indeed ....I always try and ride sensibly and always am looking for potential trouble ....small life skills my dad instilled in me as a child....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.