Suggestions about shifter kit

GoldenMotor.com

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
Hello my name is Vlad im fairly new at these chinese motorized bikes got my first 1 about a year ago, im curently on my 4th and each one getting better by the day. I wanna try out a shifter kit with a 80cc preferably a ch80(wondering if anyone has any reviews about that engine) and a shiftet kit from SBP, i was wondering if anyone on this site has tried any of those and if so if you could give me some feedback on them as it will be a litle pricey xct2

EnFlaMEd

Aug 25, 2009
South Australia
SBP shift it is the single best mod you can do to your HT in my opinion. Mines hooked up to an "80cc" as well and I love it. Done 1000kms riding with it now and has been more or less faultless. I'm running the standard freewheel as well and a crappy cup and cone BB. The new HD deluxe kit and sealed cartridge makes me so jealous!

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
well that gives me some motivation to start on this project so would you recommend that i buy the hd delux, your really think its that much better then the regular shifter kit? and my #1 concern was if the free wheel happens to fail on me ill b stranded were ever i m and not be able to pedle back or do anything correct? and to answer Bill's question yes Brampton Ontario unfortunetly were in the dessert are you from Bill?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well, I don't have one yet but I see that the HD and HD deluxe kits include a heavy duty freewheel and assorted tools for removing the pedal crank, for the small extra amount of money it couldn't hurt to have the peace of mind ;)

There's those that have run the standard kit with no problems, so it's up to you - awsome kit all around though!

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
ill be buying the hd kit soon enough, it comes with the dual pull brakes (if your running an mtb) and other things that are useful. plus the HD freewheel is servicable.

i hear only good about the kit it has been very well designed and preforms without clutching between gears.

really helps the life of the little chinagirls since they dont have to work as hard

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I have a HD Shifter kit. Highly recommend the HD version. It is really easy to kinda hit a shift hard. The slight slack in two different chains between the motor and the freewheel can bang it pretty hard. Like you said if you strip the freewheel you can't even pedal home. There is a small learning curve to getting the motor started with one. Overall they are awesome. No left side chain and sprocket. No tensioner. Easy takeoffs, climb any hill a car can. Better top speed without over rpming the motor. Add a expansion chamber and you will be a very happy camper.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
You make a good point about some peace of mind for a couple extra bucks, im assuming you need to use a quality derailer and gear set for the bike to handle the smashing gears but that sounds pretty fun, also have u ever tried a 4 stroke, im afraid to try it because i weigh about 210 pounds and i found the 49 cc strugled were the 66 does fine so i figure a 49 cc 4 stroke can only b worse off than the 49cc 2 stroke?

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
To end all discussion - i've past the 2000 kilometer mark on my SickBikeParts Shift kit and it's running perfectly.

You are simply wasting your time trying to run a single speed system, completely wasting your time.

Get the Delux kit as it comes with the heavy duty free wheel bearing; dual pull brake lever and an assortment of very handy tools needed to do required maintainace.
I only got the delux kit because i couldn't buy a Super-Duty Platinium Mega Kit.

The heavy duty freewheel bearing is rebuildable.

Fabian

Last edited: