Best Mix

GoldenMotor.com

Prettyboy

Aug 31, 2009
New Jersey
I tried to search it before hand and came up with nothing so that why I'm asking. What is the best mix for a new motor on a 16:1 ratio? Also would premium gas make any difference because I'll put my money out for whatever's the best.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Premium gas will get you nothing unless you have a modified high compression motor.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
well theres a lot of threads here about the use of oil some people prefered optic 2 some people like myself i prefered amsoil oil i was using the home depot oil but since i switch to amsoil i really like a lot

Prettyboy

Aug 31, 2009
New Jersey
well theres a lot of threads here about the use of oil some people prefered optic 2 some people like myself i prefered amsoil oil i was using the home depot oil but since i switch to amsoil i really like a lot

So when you say amsoil I'll need 5w-40? Is this my proper oil number and where can I get oil because my shoprite has some if I only have to really worry about the number?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Pablo's right, but there are a few different flavors of Amsoil. I use a 32:1 mix with Amsoil's 50:1 'HP Injector' 2 cycle oil (my engine is nicely broken in now tho).

All the "weight" oils are just for cars (like 5"w" 30), or any 4stroke's crankcase - not what you want ;)

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
When I break in a new engine, I use 2 gallons mixed @ 24:1, Then after that I switch to 32:1
I use Valvoline 2-cycle oil... It'$ cheap & works pretty good.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I use the Castor 927 full synthetic with the tan label, i run 6.5 ounces to 1 gallon of 91 for the first 300 miles, this 2 smoker oil smells good and runs really smooth with very litttle engine noise. After the break in i run 5 to 6 ounces, there is a shop in my town that is selling some type avionic 2 stroke oil and claims you only need 1-2 ounces of oil to the gal. Im going to go check this stuff out but am kinda weary if it will shorten engine life running so little oil.usflg

mick29

Jun 8, 2009
Salisbury East
I have 3 bikes the first 2 i ran them in at 16.1 and then ran then at 20.1 using a mineral based oil Valvolen racing oil cheap but very good but the 3rd bike using same oil ran it in at 25.1 then changed to full sinthetic oil CASTROL TTS and now im running at 40.1 it can be mixed up to 50.1 thanks mick29

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
so i went to this shop and it turns out thry use amsoil 100:1, the guy said he runs 2 ounces per gallon, and has even ran this stuff through an old motor and when they inspected the piston and head that it was actually cleaner, he says it reduces engine noise as well, im going to try it out, if anyone else uses the amsoil, what is your recomended ratio and how is it working for you???