rings

GoldenMotor.com

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
is it connected to the rod already? you need to line up the ring ENDS with the piston PINS.
the rings will not compress fully if they are not lined up, and so the piston will not go into the cylinder. good luck

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
naw... fingers should be enough, if not there's something wrong. are the rings new? do they fit in the slots properly? is there carbon build up behind the rings in the slots?

eisle89

Jun 16, 2008
El Paso, Texas
I'm thinking that you don't have the ring gaps aligned correctly with the locater pins in the ring grooves. Get some 2 stroke oil on your fingers and have plenty of oil in the ring grooves. Wipe some on the inside bottom of the cylinder. Align the ring gaps with the pins in the groove, they will be toward the intake side if the piston was installed correctly. Pinch the ring on the opposite side of the locater pins and start that edge in. Be careful with the rings, don't force them, then slide your way toward the ring gap. It's a ***** but can be done.

Mrakulous

Mar 9, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the info eisle89. I broke the ring the other day. My new set came in yesterday. I will try your method and i will use caution. I need my bike for school and i miss riding the biatch.