HuaSheng 142F vs Honda GXH50 vs Dax XC50S

GoldenMotor.com

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Scotto, I read that you can get an aftermarket starter kit for the Predator. The kit would have to include a charging coil to keep the battery up unless it already has one.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto, I read that you can get an aftermarket starter kit for the Predator. The kit would have to include a charging coil to keep the battery up unless it already has one.
Yes, you can get them aftermarket but if you want to go high performance, you have to get the billet flywhweel and have it machined to fit the starter ring. That gets expensive and is not an easy bolt-on task. You also need the extra coil to charge the battery and it bolts on undrneath the flywheel.

I was just a bit surprised to see one from the factory and it wasn't one being sold from HF.

dnut

Last edited:

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Back to Duane's comments, it would be nice if someone could put together a chart with the specs on the Honda and all of the 142 and 138 variants. I'm still not sure which variant the Dax Super is. When I bought my HuaSheng the literature that came with it had a chart that compared the specs on the 142FA-G, the 142F-1-G, and the GXH50. All of the specs were identical for the three engines except, as Duane pointed out, the output is higher for the Honda. It lists the compression ratio at 7.4 for all three which kills the theory about the Honda having higher torque due to a higher compression ratio.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, there are these little things called misprints which happen in this type of literature somewhat frequently. It is usually due to the translation from Chinese to English when the literature is compiled and then printed. Same goes for Japanese to English as in Honda. See it all the time.

dnut

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
I just noticed on the Grubee Inc. website that one of the 142 variants comes with a 12 volt 7 amp alternator. With all of the interest in built in lighting capabilities, why don't any of the vendors offer this engine, or do they?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
This morning I was on AGK's site and I noticed that they now offer a reground Honda GHX50 cam. Will it properly fit in a HuaSheng 142F, also taking into consideration that it has a decompression device built into it? I have no need for the decompression device, but the slow boat from HuaSheng land for AGK to get more HuaSheng cams to regrind is taking forever.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This morning I was on AGK's site and I noticed that they now offer a reground Honda GHX50 cam. Will it properly fit in a HuaSheng 142F, also taking into consideration that it has a decompression device built into it? I have no need for the decompression device, but the slow boat from HuaSheng land for AGK to get more HuaSheng cams to regrind is taking forever.
That cam should work fine in the HS and if there is a dc device built in, that's easy to disable.

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
Hi I had a 2 stroke pk-80 from the boat awhile back. i learned alot from running that kit in general, found PIRATE CYCLES, now I have my 142-f hg 4 stroke kit, I purchased a felt cruiser type frame, I have other parts and frames non curvey types, The main stickler I got was a driven free wheel for the rear wheel. But I just read that there are % different versions of the 142-f WTF. Well I'm glad I'm just using this to A to B for work. Very exciting motobiking here in Memphis TN you just have to hawkeye traffic and don't ever operate your ride unsafely that's a golden rule everywhere though. U'm I've got to get home now and build up the 4G4 kit.

Thanks all,
James

P.S. Um my Carb was damaged during shipping My white breather lever was broken any suggestions for the best way to take care of that.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Without a description of the break or a picture I am guessing that the finger grip portion of the lever broke off. I would find a way to securely melt the 2 plastic pieces back together or, if the stub is still long enough, just drill a small hole through the stub and poke a small nail or screw through the hole. Secure the nail or screw with epoxy.

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
What do you guys use to seal the split crankcase when you swap out the cam? I guess Permatex would work, I can't quite figure out what the grey putty is that comes on these engines. Whatever it is the stuff works, mine has never leaked.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What do you guys use to seal the split crankcase when you swap out the cam? I guess Permatex would work, I can't quite figure out what the grey putty is that comes on these engines. Whatever it is the stuff works, mine has never leaked.
On the Honda engines, the gray sealant if Hondabond 4. They use it in several applications where they don't use paper type gaskets.

Don't go sealing cases and covers with this stuff (Hondabond 4 alone) if a paper gasket was used before as tolerances will be too tight. It is a great sealer for gasketless apps however.