Problems replacing rear tire. Help please

GoldenMotor.com

jfoqueqeq

May 5, 2011
XI'AN
I got a flat yesterday. i got a new inner tube. replacing went fine but after i put everything back the tire wobbled.
is there some thing i missed tightening something.besides the two nut on the outside.
if someone knows what i missed i will be grateful.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
You probably don't have the tire seated on the rim correctly. Inflate the tire only part way. Grab the tire with both hands and and rock it back and forth, working your way around the wheel. Inflate a little more and check again. Make sure it's as close to even as you can get it before inflating all the way.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
On most bicycle tires there is a ring (the circumference of the tire). It will be where the wheel meets the tire. Make sure the tire is mounted in the wheel so you can see the ring evenly. After full inflation check wheel/tire, you may have to let air out and adjust then inflate.

Last edited:

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
it sounds like you have rear drop outs you need to tighten perfectly even also if you tighten one nut more than other it will wobble also slow simple straight hand tighten then go to quarter turns keeping alined dude at bike shop tough me this after i messed up my 5 yo's bike believe it or not dang tonka bikes lmao

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Last edited: