66cc Bike Engine Caught On FIRE!!!

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
... I watched a guy lose $10 bucks on a bet that a lit cigarette dropped in a cup of gas will put the cig out! & it did , it extinguished the cigarette as if it were dropped in water

It's the fumes that ignite not so much the liquid
I once worked at a coffee service, in the warehouse, where we roasted green coffee beans. We also had a table lamp oil service. I would have to refill the little bottles that went in the lamp holders. As I was smoking one day while filling the bottles the owner of the company came by. He immediately told me to put that cigarette out. I dropped it in a lamp oil bottle and it went out. The lamp oil station was next to the back warehouse door, where 18-wheelers would back up to for deliveries, and I had set a big rolling fan on the other side of me. So there wasn't any fumes building up any where near me while I was at the oil station. I was fine breathing in my cigarette smoke in but not the fumes from the lamp oil.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
There is one thing I do when done riding and am leaving the bike sit. This is shut off the fuel valve and let the engine run using up all the fuel in the bowl. When the engine stops as it should and cannot be restarted, then I know the valve has worked.

MT

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I do that before I bring it in the house other than that every time I shut my bike offI shut off the gas EVERY TIME It only took one puddle under my carb to train me to do that I will sometimes forget to turn it back on....however I'm usually reminded within a 1/4 mile or so !