new member from NH

GoldenMotor.com

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I ordered my kit about a week and half ago.I got a huffy mountain bike amazon model and its made in the USA with a steal frame.I looks like it will work well next I got a set of suspention forks for it,lighting stator kit,boost bottle,dual brake lever kit,brake light kit,mirror and a pipe.Now I here we are getting a foot of snow in the morning.I plan on riding to work this summer about 8 miles one way on a back route mostly 35 mph speed limit.Any one from N.H around me I am in Danbury ?I will have some pictures up when I start if the kit come in friday..wee.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I am over in Claremont, I am building a new frame for this season, it will probably be another two or three weeks before I am riding again.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i live in mass now but i'm originally from manchester, i plan on riding up there some time when it warms up, maybe you me and ferball could go for a ride :)

welcome to the forums.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
from what i read before, helmet, follow traffic laws, don't be an idiot.

basically if it's home built, has 2 wheels, and doesn't do highway speeds, NH doesn't care as long as you're not endangering yourself or others.

NH doesn't have a registry for them. but here's some readin for ya.,

NH new hampshire laws - Google Search

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
If it has pedals and less than four wheels it is considered a bike so follow all bike rules and enjoy. I actually have an email from the State DOT that I ride with just in case. Never been stopped, but I don't get stupid either. Cops usually grin and wave when I put by.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
As a side note you can get a salvage title for your bike and register as a moped, but then you are illegal on bike paths, but you get a cool license plate.

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I live up in the sticks lots of hills, bumps and cracks in the road but no bike paths or road shoulders to ride.Lots of dirt back roads to explore.So a plate would work for me just to keep the local back woods fuzz of my tail.dnut

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
If you do go the plate route be prepared for lots of running around as the desk help at the DMV is usually lost as to what you will need, and getting getting some one in to "inspect" your bike to get the salvage title may be a run around as well, and once it has a plate it will need to be state safety inspected, head light, turn signals, horn, etc. It is all doable but i did not think worth the head ache.