Got a TJMax near you? Check out eh cheap aluminum water bottles for fuel bottles

GoldenMotor.com

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I know everyone is into the MSR fuel bottles to carry extra fuel. I found aluminum water bottles in a variety of sizes at my local TJMaxx, for about $7 each. I picked up a .6l in red that I'm going to stencil the word gas on the side with yellow spray paint. the plastic cap is #4 plastic the same as my gas can and it has a silicone seal to make it water tight.

Thought I'd let every know as it's a pretty good deal on the metal water bottle and cheaper than the MSR bottle(^).

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
very cool idea.... I have bid on some plastic canteens on ebay I plan to use as gas tanks. If they don't look good enough I will take a shot at one of the tj max ones. thanks..

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I had said in a thread somewhere around here that those would be a good idea. Good to know where you can get em cheap. And that's cheap for those things.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Just Called Tjmax Here. $7.95 Girl Looked At Them, .75 L. These Are Aluminum. Aluminum, I Used To Couldn`t Say It, Now I Can Even Spell It !!rotfl