4 stroke exhaust help

GoldenMotor.com

4stroke

Dec 5, 2010
California
I need help choosing a different exhaust method, i dont want to spend to much money but i do want more power.. And also i need a different intake method. If you can help me please let me know what should i get.
would a straight pipe be the best thing for me? and the "sick bike parts" air filter for the 4stroke?
if i made a straight pipe what is the minimum and best length for it?

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I just built my own straight pipe using the header pipe that came with the engine. EZM makes the best pipe I've seen for this motor, it's a flex straight pipe and it's tuned.EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY

Here's a pic of the one I made

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I need help choosing a different exhaust method, i dont want to spend to much money but i do want more power.. And also i need a different intake method. If you can help me please let me know what should i get.
That box muffler sucks
Where are you in CA?
The stainless steel flex exhaust works the best as an easy solution.
Sick Bike parts is selling an intake filter now.

You can buy the stainless steel flex exhaust from several places

Attachments

Last edited:

4stroke

Dec 5, 2010
California
I just built my own straight pipe using the header pipe that came with the engine. EZM makes the best pipe I've seen for this motor, it's a flex straight pike and it's tuned.EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY

Here's a pic of the one I made

wow, that looks real nice. how much faster are you going with that on? how much faster can i expect from a pipe like this?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Also if i made my own 'straight pipe' what should be the minimum length? i dont mind it being loud.. in fact i like it.
I wouldn't go shorter than 32". You should gain a couple miles per hour faster with a straight pipe....this bike will do over 40mph with the silencer removed....yes it will.

It's a bit loud without the silencer, but not too bad with it on.

Here is the speed yesterday with the silencer on: http://motorbicycling.com/f37/2010-4-stroke-frame-build-off-19467-14.html

Last edited: