Hey guys - from Utah

GoldenMotor.com

satori

Jun 8, 2008
Hey guys, I am dying to motorize a ladies beach cruiser; anyone know what would be the best motor to go with? I have been told that I should not motorize a ladies bike because I will burn my legs. Surely there is a motor out there that will work for me. I want to replace my car with a motorized bike. My work is only 4 miles away but uphill and in a mountain environment (a little nervous about the deer and antelope). Need help on some of those hills and a little extra speed on those early mornings would be sweet.
Julie
P.S. I build rocket motors for a living and know how to use tools so installation does not concern me. I just do not know anything about bike motors YET.

crazeehorse

May 21, 2008
you could use a kit that mounts over the back wheel. there's chain drives,belt drives & friction drives, that i've seen. i don't guess you'd burn your legs, not over 2 or 3 times anyway, but you would need a place to mount the gas tank, on rack over rear wheel, for example . the over the rear wheel kits have the gas tank attached to the engine, thus no need for the upper bar for mounting the gas tank for the 2 cycle happy time motors. but i think the 67 cc ht kits have more power for hills.

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Deacon did a center frame mount girls bike. I don't remember him saying anything about burning his leg. Glad you joined us...................

revelstone

Jun 8, 2008
clearfield utah
satori glad some one else from utah is as crazy as me. mine in introductions is new (sort of) from clearfield, utah. going crazy with the rest of these people. maybe i can go crazier than the gas prices. i also have 4.2 miles to work up hill. thankfully downhill on the way home. i've ridden my pedal bike quite a lot last summer, but this year i just need a little boost on the way to work.

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
satori: come on out to the salt flats in sept. and meet some of us. there are to be members going for world records, it should be a gas. there is supposed to be camping just outside the gate and wendover is real close. ride on mitch