need help with break in

GoldenMotor.com

rickie h

Aug 6, 2009
usa
hey guys i just bought my 1st bike engine and i was wanting to know the absolute best way to break it in...i bought the highest test gas at the local station (93) and i need to know what type of oil and what ratio to use and i also wanted to know how far to run it before gunning it,how fast to go to break it in and if it would be safe to break it in on hills because thats basically where i live it is 80cc and 2 stroke,thanks

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
the way I broke mine in, is to get it running, open it up and let it sing for a while.. varying the engine speed a bit... I followed the instructions with 16:1 ( really should have done 24:1 as 16:1 is too much ) and I used cheap supertech brand weedeater 2 stroke oil, and it runs fine.. you don't need the 93 octane. 87 is fine for these

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Yeah... Just run 24:1 for the first 2 gallons & switch to 32:1 after that.
Ride nice'n easy for the first gallon, a little harder for the 2nd, by the 3rd, you're all done!

rickie h

Aug 6, 2009
usa
so the 16-1 stated in manual is too much?well thats weird...the manual sayign someting wrong that is...

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
the manuals are based on using regular motor oil mixed with the gas.. takes more oil to mix with the gas..... with the advent of 2 stroke oil, it mixes well with the gas.... I ran the 16:1 on break in.. cause I figured I should.. but it's way to much

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Very engine load and engine speed fo first 2 tanks of gas. Its ok to go full throttle during the process and its recommended.

Oil ratio: Depends on the oil. I'ad start out at 5 oz/gallon for first gallon then go to 4 oz gallon for rest of enigne's life.