Need Advise Toss up Between two kits

GoldenMotor.com

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
NuVinci Mitsubishi 43cc 2.20 hp 2 cycle Engine and 350% Pedal shifting kit SALE $899 or the NuVinci Honda GXH50 49.3cc 2.10 hp Four Cycle 350% Engine and Pedal shifting kit. SALE $1059

Last edited:

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
I am new to the site although I have been following it for months. So far I have 2 micargis 1 stealth and 1 general both with gasbike 80 cc black stallions. Also a micargi classic strech chopper Silver gasbike 80 cc. I want to do a geared bike but the bike I have 04 Marin Rocky ridge Is a cross between a bmx and a mountain bike. Cant fit a engine never mind sick bike parts shift kit. So I am now trying to decide between these two kits through statton inc They both have the Nuvinci hub but ones a twostroke and ones a four stroke. I also have a new whizzer ambassador 2. What a SLUG!! Anywho I want to hear something good about these kits..

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
well if you want to here something good about these kits,it wont be the high prices or that the 4-stroke is the size of a large safe that would probally make you do wheelies for a mile.i have the same size frame on my bike with a 48cc dual start gt2 grubee shoehorned in the v-frame.for that price i could get a moped or car.gasbike.net has a 4-stroke for $250.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Troy, welcome. Man! both are awesome choices. I have a Honda with the Grubee GB and can't say enough good about the engine. Really, smooth and lots of power. I have no experience with the Mitsubishi.

I really want that GB!

(from their web page)
"Our 18.75 to 1 gear box has a Life Time Warranty on the Gears. If any gear fails EVER we will replace it at no charge. We have many years of our gear box in use and know they are by far the BEST you can buy. Our gear box is by far the very best quality and very, very Quiet. We have current customers who have more than 60,000 + miles on our gear boxes and they are still running strong. Our gear box will NEVER need replaced and it's made to last a Life Time and them some. Made in the USA. We have been building our highest quality gear and chain drive kits since 1984."

Well I posted a lot and was of lil or no help, lol

Anyway, welcome and keep us posted on what you decide and please post a review.

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
I also have been looking @ the nuvinci hubs which are $400.00 alone. Its the CVT hub.. Suppose to be sick. It is included in this kit thats why its so $$$ish.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I also have been looking @ the nuvinci hubs which are $400.00 alone. Its the CVT hub.. Suppose to be sick. It is included in this kit thats why its so $$$ish.
Yes, and the whole kit is top of the line. Seldom go wrong buying good equipment. I have a 20 or 30 yr old 50cc Honda on a go cart I bought for parts. Dang thing thing fires right up. As far as an investment goes and aside from dependability. It's like any other tool. Ya want good. With either of those kits, you will have some thing valuble that you can enjoy for many yrs and will have a much better resale value.

Is a great choice, either way.

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
thanks guys I appreciate all of your input. I am going with the mitsubishi 2 stroke. Sorry I posted this twice its my first day..
troyboy

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks alot looking foward to my new hobby. Completely addicted!!
LOL!!! So dang funny. It really is an obsession. (we should have ".....you might be a MBer" jokes)

If there is a bicycle wheel in your kitchen and dismantled 2 stroke carb on the table....