New guy looking to start a project.

GoldenMotor.com

Thediyguy

Sep 24, 2015
Utah County
Hey, I'm looking to get a reliable 2 stroke kit. I currently own a Trek 990 bicycle and I'm wondering if I can use that or if I should get a beach cruiser or something like that. I do plan on getting a GT2-A when I can free up some cash and build one custom.

If you could recommend a kit with necessary aftermarket parts that would be great!

Also, I'm looking to find other Riders in Utah, maybe we could start a riding club or something like that.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've found us and hope we can get you started on your first motorized bicycle project.

From the images it appears that your choice of the Trek 990 will lend itself well to motorizing. The frame looks to be a standard 'V' style which is a plus when it comes to mounting the engine. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=trek+990&id=82413773AD164E94152A3EB5CA2715CE656BB524&FORM=IQFRBA

You'll have others reply and offer suggestions as to their choice of vendors who they will recommend for your first kit. There are many to choose from.

Good luck and have fun.

Tom

Last edited: