what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Am sitting in the shop considering possibly thinking about maybe later working on a MB.

As soon as I stop shaking from the cold......

Looks like I picked a bad week to stop drinking in the morning
I know your pain... 20's and 30's down here in central Texas... hard to get acclimated when your having 90 degree weather one week and then the next it's in the 20's & 30's...

Oh well, weather man predicted a few months ago that it looks like we're going back into a colder and wetter winter pattern in these part, may get back to the longer wetter winters I remember as a kid.

Stay warm and safe all...........

Map

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
20 for a high here today 1 tonight,colder then the normal 40. So it is all over except CA. But still better then what is coming Dec.,Jan,Feb and who knows how long,last year up till April...............Curt

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yeah, always gets cold this time of year - had to put on a shirt today to go out & work on the bikes - hope I survive it

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Not yet do I have to cover the orange tree and put a 25watt incandescent bulb on the drop light under the cover.

Storms are nice in the winter so I can go windsurfing, thermal winds are on hold till spring.

MT in CA

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Was gonna ride out all the fuel from the carb for the 'winter slumbar'. Darn thing wouldn't start!! Well, the honeymoon is over for the CNS V3 carb. Soon, I'll order a RT carb from DAX.

It'll be good to not have to 'adjust' the carb after the bike warms up.......ride on!!

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Snowed here yesterday, more snow than for the last 2 years. Some years we will get an early snow then that's all for the rest of the winter. Wonder what we're in for this year :p

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Moved one so I could get a cabinet door open in my garage. Bumped my head on the one hanging from the ceiling and banged my shin on the pedal of one when I was leaning over it to check the fuel in the one I moved earlier. So many bikes...so little garage space.
Tom
Poor Guy, I feel sorry for ya, IF'n ya need more space in yer garage, I'd be glad to make room in mine for that pretty little rod.
Just tryin to help out a bro, ya understand
fatdaddy.

Msiert

Sep 19, 2014
Omaha NE.
After finding out how to adjust the valve lash on this forum from Aleman's wonderful how to post I decided to check my HS 142 valve lash (built date 2013) that just has 20 hours on it. The factory setting or how it was after 20 hrs of use was .005 intake and .008 exhaust I changed that to .004 intake and .006 exhaust as per Aleman's recommendation.

As a note HS change the straight slot to an allen slot on the adjustment bolt.

Attachments

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
Put the new wheels on. Had to drill the presta holes to shraeder. Wheels spin fantastic.

Raised my handlebar, adjusted my seat. Lost my air filter, so I put the stock one back on. I was looking at the uni filters anyways.

My new tires haven't showed up yet. Neither has my Velo orange handlebar extender.

Been thinking about a skyhawk frame. Would look good and have room for a high compression head.

chained

Nov 9, 2014
United States
Was riding tonight, and my throttle was going crazy. Took a look, found that the idle screw fell off along the way.

Threw a fit, watched some tv to cool off, and went back to it. I didnt have any extra idle screws, so I sat there looking at the bike, and boom.
The idle screw had fallen on top of the engine, and was still there!!!@!

good times along with the bad so far with the engine kits. maybe ill go for another ride.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Was riding tonight, and my throttle was going crazy. Took a look, found that the idle screw fell off along the way.

Threw a fit, watched some tv to cool off, and went back to it. I didnt have any extra idle screws, so I sat there looking at the bike, and boom.
The idle screw had fallen on top of the engine, and was still there!!!@!

good times along with the bad so far with the engine kits. maybe ill go for another ride.

Now that's just goofy. Did you get a lottery ticket? :) Keep a real close eye on it. It vibrates out once then it's likely to do it again. Was there a spring? Prob need to do the ball point pen spring trick.

chained

Nov 9, 2014
United States
Finally done with moving my engine kit over to a new bike. Had it on a 29" MTB, but the engine had no room and there were too many unsafe mods to the bike that was needed.
I came across an Onyx, and put everything on it. I replaced the handlebars with straight bars, and it came out pretty sweet.
i plan on repainting everything orange, with a black engine and black rims.

For now, heres how she sits.

IMG_20141120_130844.jpg
IMG_20141120_130856.jpg

I still have to get a U-bolt and make a decent front mount, and the rear mount studs and nuts have stripped so I need to replace those. I plan on replacing every nut and bolt with quality steel.

Last edited: