Finally Finished My First Build

GoldenMotor.com

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
I finally finished my Jake Bike build today. I took my time and built it over a 4 month period. Very minor upgrades at this point. Head and block, bolt kit and air filter from sick bikes, automotive grade fuel line and filter. Milled rear sprocket and hub adapter and machined alum sprocket. Self fabricated gas tank hold down straps. Rear coaster brake with front regular squeeze rim brakes with upgraded race bike disk pads. She stops like a champ. I'm running opti 2 oil in it at XX:1. I put about 6 miles on it today with no issues whatsoever. I went for a couple of rides on my motorcycle earlier today, so I'd best guess I hit 30 with it today. After break in I'll put on the sbp expansion chamber. Eventually if I'm pining for more power, I'll beef up the lower end of the motor and get the compression to a level where it'll perform without detonation on V.P. Racing 110 fuel. This list could go on, but I want to have fun with it and have it sane enough that I feel safe with the wife riding it. I gotta say too. She's been awesome and really supportive of me with this whole project. I'm a pretty lucky man.

()
BIKE 1A.jpg

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Very nice indeed ,the colour scheme is amazing , for a first build you've got to be happy with that , my latest build is a cruizer very simmilar in the Crome and black/silver flake scheme but I left on the fenders and since building her I'm addicted.
Lol I must have a great wife as well , she has supported me all the way and even let me store the bike in the bedroom , well until the smell of 2 stroke wafted through the room , now stored in the spare room.

Good luck on your future motored bike adventures and keep us posted on the upgrade progress

Regards Henshooter

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Only upgrade I've got that's just waiting for install, is the SBP pipe. I'll wait till I've run 2 or 3 tanks through it first, per the recommendations of forum members.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Nice looking Bike there Nevada...

if you are gonna ever have a shot at making it look like mine though your gonna have to take it out on a 20 mile run on the dirt back roads and get some character dust on it....LOL!

Dang I wish I could keep my bikes clean.... but hey I wouldn't trade the country life for less dust and dirt though...LOL!

again, you did a great job and made yourself a nice clean looking bike there, ride safe and enjoy!

Map
.wee.