New Aussie build

GoldenMotor.com

Robby

May 18, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Hi All,

I recently completed my first build after lots of procrastination.
I started with a HASA 26" MTB which I bought through an auction site shop. I converted this to single speed though I am using the original 3 speed cranks (derailer removed).
My motor is a Rock Solid Engines stage 2 70cc kit. Very powerful. I am still running the motor in and my speedo just arrived so I will be able to have an idea of speeds soon.
Other mods I have done is machine a Kings style sprocket adaptor with a modified 44 tooth stock sprocket and fabricate a custom seat post mounted stainless steel barrel tank.
Future plans include a Walbro reed kit and an expansion chamber exhaust.
The bike is heaps of fun though very frantic, noisy and typically vibrates a lot. I desire to build a "cruiser" next.
I'm rying to figure out how I can post pictures from iPhone???

Rob

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Robby, welcome.

I'm not sure about Iphones but our host installed "forum runner" for us;
we installed forum runner on the site for those of you that have smart phones and tablests. it seemed to be the fastest and best one i could find. they have a free version which is read only or you can get the $1.99 version which is what i got. with the paid version you can post pictures and do everything else. seems to work well so far. let us know what you think. we do not make anything on the ap and it was added because we have had so many requests

Forum Runner iPhone Client
search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone,

Forum Runner Android Client
search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device:

Or, there is a freebie photobucket one. I am an Android user so not real sure.

But again, welcome and looking forward to your pictures.

auflg

Robby

May 18, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Dan,

It's a Rock Solid Engines billet head. Australian made. They built the engine. They order castings and machine them locally. It's pretty worked: port, polish, timing altered, billet bits etc. about 4.5hp. They also offer a 7hp motor, which is about max that a HT can handle with some reliability. I'm planning on adding a few more hot up parts soon.
The tank ended up costing quite a bit in stainless steel, but was worth it. I actually mounted the stock peanut tank to get it going but cracked the tank where the stud goes by over tightening it. The tank was still loose when it cracked! The imported stuff leaves a little to be desired...