raw 80cc- Project: Gunnabe

GoldenMotor.com

Xeducatex

Aug 28, 2011
Garden grove/ fountain valley
I started a thread in the intro forum but i think ill get more answers in here. for basic background info on the project(if you cant decifer from this latest post) please refer back to my intro thread: http://motorbicycling.com/f14/hi-new-raw-80cc-33184.html

so lemme update.

and just for the record im very wel versed in bike building and looking for bike parts. the reason i asking questions is because i dont know as much about the kit mechanics.

so anyway i fixed the forks and threw on a front rim. then i filled it up with gas but there was a few leaks from the carb and fuel filter. i tightened up the screws on the carb and bought a new fuel filter from auto zone. had to put a new fuel line on also. it still leaks just a drip every 30 seconds or so when fuel is on tho. then i started it up and it ran pretty well. initial acceleration makes some poping noises but i chock that up to not having a muffler on at the moment and the fact there is no idle screw so there is no idle. it just dies if im not giving it gas. it runs strong and has power when i gas it gas tho. i didnt go full throttle tho because honestly it has to much power for me to feel comfotable on with the shotty bike.

current issues are:

no idle screw- idk if i can find just the screw for replacement? can i just use any old screw that threads up?

i need to purchase a exhaust/muffler- no big issue here just need to purchase.

i plan on also buying a hardware kit to replace the shotty hardware but i was wondering if i do so and i take apart the engine will i need to get all new gaskits too? is sealer normally used for the gaskits on the engine?

also because of my carbs slight leaking problem should i think about rebuilding or possibly purchasing a replacement(which would solve my idle screw problem)

these are the questions........who has the answers?

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Hardware kit is for headbolts, manifold bolts, and frame mount bolts mainly. Everything else is fine.

Gaskets - i like to stand by that if you break the seal on a gasket, replace it before you close it up. Black RTV rocks for adding some extra sealing power on paper gaskets.

Idle Screw - get a new one. The screw that's stock has no threads on the tip, and is rounded so as to not get flakes of metal from the slide in the barrel/jets.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hardware kit is for headbolts, manifold bolts, and frame mount bolts mainly. Everything else is fine.

Gaskets - i like to stand by that if you break the seal on a gasket, replace it before you close it up. Black RTV rocks for adding some extra sealing power on paper gaskets.

Idle Screw - get a new one. The screw that's stock has no threads on the tip, and is rounded so as to not get flakes of metal from the slide in the barrel/jets.
Just as Duct Taped Goat says replace the gaskets,,, Check out DAX's He sells whole NT carbs for just under $12.00. Did your kit come with out a adjusting screw on the carb? Any how welcome to the forum, & good luck with your build. I also like the RAW engines, I have three 1 50 & 2 80'S so far no issues... over & out DOC.trk

Xeducatex

Aug 28, 2011
Garden grove/ fountain valley
Thanks guys. I guess I'll just buy a new carb since it's so cheap. Dax is pretty cheap so I'll also get some other parts like exhaust, fuel line, spark plug, gaskets, and maybe a few other small items. As cheap as it will be (50-60$) I'm so broke right now it's Gunna take a week or so to collect that knd of money. So for now I just sit and stare:(