worksman trike wheel...

GoldenMotor.com

mrfoochie

May 25, 2010
new orleans
howdy folks... i got a worksman trike wheel at the local bike bone yard for $5 and i wondered if anyone out there has ever retrofit such a wheel for use on a two wheeler? thanks...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
no, but the ones i've seen are the standard size rim and spokes, so you'd just have to re-lace a hub into it. if it's got the 11g. spokes, you'll either have to find a hub to fit (probably direct from worksman,) or drill one out yourself.

not too difficult, if you know what to do.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
he said he found one wheel, matthurd. that'd be one heck of a restoration...;)
laff

Finding the spokes will be the tricky part. Worksman only sells 4 sizes of 11 ga. If you are looking to get rid of the hoop only I might take it off your hands.

Cheers

mrfoochie

May 25, 2010
new orleans
i definitely want the hoop... might lace a moped rear hub to it... it does seem though that at 10mm axle fits snug inside the trike axle and maybe with some knurling and a press...? these spokes look like they might be 10 gauge, is that possible? also what is the best way to strip the chrome? the chrome is in pretty good shape and the brass wire wheel is taking ages with the angle grinder... thanks

michaelp

Jun 7, 2011
United States
I built a Worksman trike that I bought at Walmart and I just used the axel and mounted the free wheal from a bicycle and welded it to a sproket off a scooter and made a motor mount for the 4 cycle honda off a roto tiller. Will send some pictures this afternoon. .shft.