Sd stinger

GoldenMotor.com

josh2025

Mar 23, 2011
MI
I just got my sd stinger engine kit in today and i'm stoked. Has anybody tried one of these before???

My last engine was a grubee and i guess we'll see which is better.

josh2025

Mar 23, 2011
MI
welcome to the forum :)
AFAIK,,,stingers are grubee's rebadged by devrou
Actually looking at them both since my last engine was a grubee the head milling is quite different to be honest the stinger looks totally different and the carb is different as well. I just got the SD kit today and i installed it in about 2.5hrs.
The SD fired right up and feels like it even has more power. Awesome engine!! Not sure where you get your info??

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I was a VERY happy customer with my engine :) Installing it on a cruiser frame was a pain, but no fault of the kit which was reliable, and went 37mph in stock configuration :D

josh2025

Mar 23, 2011
MI
his ebay ads used to be, word for word, the same as grubee's,,,
you asked a question, at least I gave an answer
I DID say 'as far as I know' ;)
Thanks for the info. I just didn't like how you bagged on my purchase. It seems to be a great engine.. like i said better than the grubee i bought from gas bike. The SD is kickin ass i use this for a ride back and forth work. This mourning was a bit chilly.

josh2025

Mar 23, 2011
MI
The Kit has been Awesome so far. The speed has seemed to increase overall after the breakin was finished. I'm now running 4 oz of oil per Gallon. I'm using synthetic 2 cycle oil.

Does anyone have suggestions on what BRAND of oil to use??

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Wait, are you breaking it in with synthetic? Don't do that, the rings won't seat right. If I were you I'd drain my gas, get the cheapest two stroke oil available from the hardware store or walmart,and mix it at 20:1 for break in. Drain your tank, fill it with the new mix, and bleed your carb to get rid of any air in the line from draining. Then, when you are at around 200 miles, switch over to opti-2 mixed at 100:1 and you'll be set. Opti-2 is the best there is, trust me, it is perfectly safe to run it at that ratio because it is far superior to any other oil on the market :) The Stinger is a nice kit :) Peace