Hello from Oregon

GoldenMotor.com

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
Just joined the forum. I am having my first motorized bike built by a great local guy that is great at making customs. It is going to resemble the old 1914's harley and indians...those old board track racers.

I live in Salem Oregon.

-Eric

.shft.

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
How ya doin' The next (2nd) meeting of the Salem Motorized Bike Club will be at the Clockworks Cafe 241 Commercial St. Salem Sunday Feb. 13 Please come if you can. If the weathers is decent I am going to try to ride down. I'll be there by 10 am maybe earlier. Hopefully everyone that came last time will be back.

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
You must have "I Ride Customs" from Jefferson building you ride. If that true it will be a great bike . He seems to be the master craftsman of the group. Check us all out on the other forum as well. we tend to talk more on that one. There is aslo a facebook page one of the guys made. MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum - View Profile: sideshowbob
I hope to see your new ride soon. Ooopss now I see I have talked to you on the othr forum. Come on down and suck up some coffee next sunday.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I am from Salem as well but now riding out of the bike town of Corvallis Oregon(sorry for that just watched the ufc fights and damn was Silva awesome I watched the KO like 15 times) I wish could have met y'all before I moved I wish I could make that ride but at the moment I am waiting on my new rear disk brake hub wheel combo, I have went through about 5 cheep wheels so I am really hoping I can get some endurance out of this and then maybe on yur'alls next ride I will ride it up to Salem and then enjoy a good ride with you guys. I miss living in a town where you know where everything is, I would like riding around Salem again. I have not met any riders from Corvallis yet and all the bike stores pretty much dislike my bike and me for riding it but I am also looking forward to exploring Corvallis by bike. What ya guys thinking for a route? there's some good roads out south there have a good ride and peace out

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
Re: Bike shops in Salem are the same

hey there 420, I have noticed the same thing here with the bicycle shops. They act like we are some sort of weirdos. But as gas prices continue to climb I think more people will be discovering motorized bikes. I visited 3 shops here looking for parts and all of the staff at each basically just wanted me to leave before customers saw my bike. Since everyone who sees them wants to ask questions, I even had one shop try to get me to go outside while someone was asking me questions. Oh well, some shop is going to realize that MB riders are passionate and very into their rides and that we spend money regularly on parts and goodies. I hope some shop here will wake up to this market. I have actually been treated better at some of the motorcycle shops eventhough they have fewer parts that are usable they at least are not so snooty about my bike. Since C town is so liberal I think having a ride there might work this spring. Come on up to Salem Sunday the 13th of Feb. if you can, we would all love to meet you, even if its to far to ride your bike I hope you can make it. Once the weather gets better we will start planning some group rides. For now we will be doing good just to ride to the Clockworks Cafe to meet. I'm just breaking in my new motor so I have the 5 mile limit on range right now, I let it cool down after each session. BUt I am looking forward to longer and grooup rides this spring. Happy motoring. dance1

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
Sideshowbob, actually a gent in the Salem Motorized Bicycle club is fabricating me a rat-rod style bike, Steve H. I will be there this Sunday as well...looking forward to it.

.xx.