I think this is a good sign.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yesterday when Riding my Motor Bicycle around town, I met a couple of guys at a bicycle shop that told me they had just started a motor bicycle business right here in the freekin Dallas area. I might have never known about it if not for them seeing my bike and coming up to talk to me about it.

I think they're just getting started but still, it's surprising to me that there's anybody else besides me around here that's even heard of China Girls considering I've never seen one in the flesh except mine. What's even more interesting is I don't even think these guys were motorcyclist's.

I feel like I need to get my bike out around town as much as possible to let it be seem, and find out who else is out there. At least here in Dallas, these are the very early days of motor bicycling. Anyone starting out now is destined to be a founder of motor bicycling in Dallas.

I guess it's obvious I'm going nuts about motor bicycles. I'm a heart beat away from blowing off my air conditioning contracting business and opening a motor bicycle shop. About all I need is for my wife to tell me one more time not to do it lol.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yesterday when Riding my Motor Bicycle around town, I met a couple of guys at a bicycle shop that told me they had just started a motor bicycle business right here in the freekin Dallas area. I might have never known about it if not for them seeing my bike and coming up to talk to me about it.

I think they're just getting started but still, it's surprising to me that there's anybody else besides me around here that's even heard of China Girls considering I've never seen one in the flesh except mine. What's even more interesting is I don't even think these guys were motorcyclist's.

I feel like I need to get my bike out around town as much as possible to let it be seem, and find out who else is out there. At least here in Dallas, these are the very early days of motor bicycling. Anyone starting out now is destined to be a founder of motor bicycling in Dallas.

I guess it's obvious I'm going nuts about motor bicycles. I'm a heart beat away from blowing off my air conditioning contracting business and opening a motor bicycle shop. About all I need is for my wife to tell me one more time not to do it lol.
She will more than likely kick your a$$ if you even mention that again......and don't say I didn't warn ya!!! laff

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I hear that... you should be building a couple of extra bikes for when they start to get popular... we are on the ground floor here my friend. Make some money while you can. Or pass out some cards from my Sig to spread the word, so they don't try to rip people off. If people know what they're worth, they're not going to oblige mark'uppers. And they'll buy from respectable people that'll service their ride if they have any trouble, like yourself. ;)

With any luck those guys are sincere and aren't out for the 'quick buck', but who knows... I know customers like service, since I'm a customer :)

You should send them here too if you can, if their decent they'll get in the community :D

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I did tell them about this site. They said they were buying some stuff from Pirate Cycle.

I think bikes will come in all price ranges, and with vastly different build quality, especially at first. I agree that shops are going do need to offer quality service in order to reach out to more than just motor heads like us. That's really not going to be hard to do though considering how easy these bikes are to work on.

My bike is proving to be very depenable. Most of the problems I've had were minor and could have been avoided if I had more experience. I think a lot of that has to do with me throwing away all the stock hardware and building my bike like a battleship.

The only true failure I've had was my muffler falling apart 20 miles from home, but it would have never done that if I had known what that nut on the bottom did. i thought it was golding a baffle in place or something, and thought the muffler body was all welded together. If I had known it came apart with that nut I would have already double nutted it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
She will more than likely kick your a$$ if you even mention that again......and don't say I didn't warn ya!!! laff
26 years ago I told her I was going to quit my job and start my own air conditioning contracting business. She advised me not to quit my job. I quit the next day. Ever since then I always make it my policy to do exactly the opposite of what she says. It's ok though, we've been married 35 years. Or was that 105 lol.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is cool BikeNut. Aside from a local source for parts an' upgrades, is great to have fellow MBers around. Local here is a really gifted builder who does some wild stuff. Just fun to sit and talk with like minded folks.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That is cool BikeNut. Aside from a local source for parts an' upgrades, is great to have fellow MBers around. Local here is a really gifted builder who does some wild stuff. Just fun to sit and talk with like minded folks.
That's pretty neat. Tell me about the guy. How old do you think he is? How long has he been making motor bicycles? Does he ride motorcycles?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Late 20s, early 30s I would guess. He has been at it for a few years. Never mentioned MCs, so don't think so. Kinda marches to his own drummer kind of guy. Really worth talking to. I find most MBA's (Motor Bike Addicts) are. Just different enough to be fun.
His GF lives a bridge and 3 towns away. He takes some roads I wouldn't.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Right on Guys, It's always great to hear of new people getting into the market. Service is priceless, I've always said. And will help our sport, always.

'Marches to his own drummer', I like that... reminds me of Me :)