laying the bike on side - gas leak?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
Will happen? I wanna be able to pull up on the scene or on top of the scene- hit the kill switch or stop pedaling and just lay her or drop her right on her side AKA "like I don't care"

and then fight someone's boyfriend-

My question is : If it's gonna leak all over the place like my *haha* does every month- can I make it "leakproof" and how do I do that?
As always, thank you- sirs, you're all gentlemen and scholars.

PS. I haven't installed the motor kit yet.

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Will happen? I wanna be able to pull up on the scene or on top of the scene- hit the kill switch or stop pedaling and just lay her or drop her right on her side AKA "like I don't care"

and then fight someone's boyfriend-

My question is : If it's gonna leak all over the place like my *haha* does every month- can I make it "leakproof" and how do I do that?
As always, thank you- sirs, you're all gentlemen and scholars.

PS. I haven't installed the motor kit yet.
Kind of childish, but you can't. The fuel system on these engines (HT and others) need to be vented.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it'll leak, and if you dump it on it's side, it might not wanna start when you make your triumphant exit.

but if it leaks gas all over, and if you really wanna make a scene, you can light it on fire. that'll really show 'em how cool you are...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Or block the cap vents with a plastic bag a block away from the Venue......that might work? And don't ferget to kick him in the.......nevermind, hurts just thinkin bout itlaff

Does this mean your *haha* is available??? You know I'm J/K....rotfl

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I've dropped my MBs any number of times... not to fight someone or strut ofc, but simply bcause Murphy loves clumsy people lol - and trust me, it'll not just leak but spew fuel all over the place.

It's not just the vented cap as that'd be easy enough to reduce the amount of spillage (port & extension hose on sealed cap like dirtbikes have) - but there's also the fact that the float in the carby won't be able to work right and it'll puke, flood badly enough & for long enough and you may damage your motor trying to start it as it could fill the engine *shrug*

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Ok heres what you do, buy a new gas cap, Seal it, Buy a new petcock (nono... not that kind, the fuel tank kind) that actualy works, And when ya plan to dump it, exchange caps for the sealed one and turn the fuel valve off. the cap can likey be exchanged a few blocks away.

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
The gas tank for for my boat motor is vented but only when I open the little knurled nut on top. You could put a boat motor gas tank on your bike. Just remember to close the vent when you need to beat up someone's boyfriend.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i built this bike to ride off road, the vent in the cap is pluged, i drilled out a grease zerk and put it in the top of the cap as the vent with a hose going down to the front axle, if you dump it it still leaks some gas but is away from the engine, kind of like the way it's done with dirt bikes. you sound like a fun dude to hang out with.lol it would be much more impressive if you rolled up on your wammo scooter to give him the beat down, a leaky motorbike is just going to get you laughed at.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'd consider a kickstand that sounds like a switchblade when you kick it down. Sound effects can enhance the moment.
Is this thread for real?
Tom

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
ha ha ha i like this thread

well when i have to set my bike on its side in heavily wooded areas sometimes covering it with brokin branches leaves grasses and such and wait quietly for the disgruntled po po to zoom by on there qauds i turn the pet cock off and twist my tank so its level when bike is on its side i sacrifice my fuel in the carb for a covertness then get out of there when all clear
sometimes i will leave my bike and venture around and come back and all is well as long as the petcock is not leaking like so many of them do

but i guese that dont help to much for your bad a$$ness your still gonna leak fuel maybe zipp tie a loose can under carb to catch fuel then take off later

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
could build a tricycle and when you race in don't turn any fast corners or it will be on its side too

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
so, i was at this halloween party last night, and this guy comes flying up on his motorized bike, jumps off it while it's still moving and ghostrides it into my buddy's 4x4.

i'm standing there with my girlfriend and he comes up all huffing and puffing, says he wants to fight me. as i'm about to haul off and bust him in the chops, my girlfriend socks him in the nose and he starts crying. (man, i love that girl...:))

meanwhile, the guy's bike is laying on it's side, still running, and spewing clouds of oily white smoke out of it, and the rear tire is spinning, leaving marks all over my buddy's truck.

so my bro gets in, throws it in gear and runs the stupid kid's bike over. then backs up and smashes it again.

after it was good and flat, we picked it up and chucked it down the side of a small cliff behind my bro's house.

the poor kid went stumbling down the hill after it, crying and holding his bloody nose.

the bike never leaked a drop, though...;)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
And: won't it present a problem when, once you're done giving one dude the beat-down, you look up to find that some other guy stole your bike during the "diversion"?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
If it was a movie bike ,when they threw it over the cliff it would have exploded in a fireball

Status
Not open for further replies.