nirve vintage bike light?

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Other than the bezel itself - it's virtually identical to the pair of oldies I just picked up (mine has an "eyebrow" as part of the bezel whereas yers has an "eyelid" that may even be separate)... and minus the rust ofc lol The faceted reflector is the same, high/low beam is the same as is the switch - but yours may have a plastic lens instead of glass... not a big deal ofc. The nice thing 'bout these is if for some reason you think it inferior - it's easy 'nuff to rewire and replace the bulb.

The one I'm gonna clean up and paint for my build is on the left (it is a lil different as it's got a built-in horn) and TBH I suspect they're not nearly as old as my bike, given the labor involved in cleaning up these freebies - I think yer defo better off just getting the new "vintage" one you found fer twenty bucks heh

(click to view)

Brightness is a simple matter of tryin' different bulbs (the reflectors in these are actually awesome) and for battery life - they sell LED replacement bulbs for flashlights/lamps that'll fit right in there w/o modification.

'Nite-Ize' part# LRB-07-PR: Nite-Ize LRB-07-PR Bright White Maglite LED Upgrade

I really like the "eyelid" on yers BTW ;)

edit: heh - I just noticed yers comes w/LEDs FTW! (given the cost of those - it almost pays fer itself lol) So if you want BRIGHT I'd replace just the "high beam" with one of the crazy super-bright bulbs they sell fer Mag Lights... sorry, no part # to pass on to ya as I've not done it yet :p

Last edited:

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Last edited:

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
This is a decent light, not for country roads, but good in the city. I had mine up on the handle bars, like in the pictures. But now I moved it down to right above the front fender, hits the road better. One really good thing is the battery holder keeps the 9v held firmly. I find that round battery lights like AA and AAA, even C's just rattle loose all the time.

Attachments

GoGreenBikeWorks

Aug 21, 2010
Orlando, Florida
couple... You may have to make stronger mounting brackets.
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum. My Name is Patrick and I build motorized bikes part time. I have read postings from this site for years, today I decided to join. Is the chrome bike yours? The bike in the pic looks like a Greenline stretched low rider beach cruiser, I have the same bike but I am having difficulties with getting everything to work. I have done some modifications and I am getting close but would like to talk to the owner to find out what modifications have been made. Thanks! brnot

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum. My Name is Patrick and I build motorized bikes part time. I have read postings from this site for years, today I decided to join. Is the chrome bike yours? The bike in the pic looks like a Greenline stretched low rider beach cruiser, I have the same bike but I am having difficulties with getting everything to work. I have done some modifications and I am getting close but would like to talk to the owner to find out what modifications have been made. Thanks! brnot
Yes that bike was built by me.
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/redbs-greenline-s-t-r-t-3991.html

callahoochy

Aug 5, 2010
DC area
I have the same Nirve light. I rode around lots of Harleys during Delmarva Bike Week recently, and got more thumbs up and horn honks than I expected. The light really finished the bike off for a vintage look. But for actual night riding, I clamp a modern multi-bulb halogen to the handlebars.

Attachments