Different Style Tanks?

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
word guys, yous probably know about it, or have seen it, but i thought id let yous know anyways. imperial cycles has a sweet kustom tank available for purchase. it will probably be around 100 bucks shipped which is pricy, but its a nice tank, kinda resembles a mini sportster tank. in my opinion it looks pretty good.... Imperial Cycles: Custom Gas tank

eastcountycustoms

Mar 31, 2010
washington
Well, decided to go for it and build a fiberglass tank cover for my motorized micargi bronco. Its formed over a 39 chevy headlight bucket and an 8" foam florist ball. lol....wish me luck

Attachments

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I gotta get into fiberglass. No, not climb up up into my attic and roll around in it, I want to learn how to work with it.
It seems fairly easy to work with, and your example of what can be done with it just added more motivation for me to learn the craft.

eastcountycustoms

Mar 31, 2010
washington
I gotta get into fiberglass. No, not climb up up into my attic and roll around in it, I want to learn how to work with it.
It seems fairly easy to work with, and your example of what can be done with it just added more motivation for me to learn the craft.
Still a little more trimming and paint work left to do. but heres a sneek peek. Im really happy with the overall look and style so far. What do u guys think of it?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
I think you didn't forget the mold release :) all kidding aside I think that's the best looking tank I've seen, it looks like it belongs there.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
Just a quick ?? about tank has any one tried converting one of those Hienakeen kegs into a tank I think that would be wild

Cookie
I've thought about it and went so far as to "clean" one out so I can goof with it. Now that's dedication becuase I basically can't stand heineken. The problems I ran into was:

Where the heck do I mount it?

How do I get inside of it?

How do I tap it for the petcock (JB weld?)

How do I put the gas cap and flange on it (JB Weld)?

Do I need to seal it?

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
Thanks for the plug RedB66. I'm anticipating that these tanks will hold between 3/4th and a full gallon. I can't be absolutely sure yet. The price of $89 is just an estimate, it may be higher or lower. Cabinfever1977, I totally understand your reasoning behind comparing the price of the tank to the kits. I do too. In defense, I want to bring quality parts into the MAB market so the idea as a whole gets a better reputation. I know the kits are cheap but it's clear what you get from them. So, ultimately I'm going to make them as cheap as I can while keeping the manufacturing in the US. That's important to me. I want to help the progress of the MAB market with good design and options that are of decent quality. I'd love to hear any ideas that you guys have. Also, attached the pics of the tank.

Is your design set in stone? I mean, is it an aesthetic preference or more of a fuel volume requirement?

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
That looks very custom, if you could buy one it would probably cost around 75 to 90 bucks. Is that fiberglass and bondo, I use to work in a body shop.