A notable tool...

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
The bike tripod!
i got one for X-mas... its perfect for installing a kit on!
you attach this vice thingy to the seat post, and you can rotate it 360 deg.
Take a look at one!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Oh, for the old set-up here- Back in the 70's when I was racing, a local bike shop went out of business, and was selling off EVERYTHING!

Dad bought a cast iron shop quality set-up stand. I had a Park Schwinn wheel jig then too. And all the Campagnolo toolset- which would be worth quite a bit now.

Dad raced USCF Veteran division and we had a small arsenal of trainning and racing sew-up wheels hanging from the basement ceiling, most that I laced up myself.

Now i'm in an apartment with not much left. I got my first set of Craftsman tools in a big metal box back in '68, when I was in Junior High. I've got a few of them left still, but the box I painted and gave away a few years back, cause it was just getting heavy.

Dad had some tools from Grandpap around for years, that were even much older, and I still have even his old cutters and a file I think was his.

Here's my storyof early bike riding I've been posting at the Central Indiana Bicycling Association site. More will be added later:
Central Indiana Bicycling Association

Grandpap- a wild and crazy guy! He died in the mid-70's. Here he is with Aunt Edie about 1960.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have one of those Marts. Really like it but mine, the hooks are a bit of a pain. Makes it hard to move the bike around. I have it hooked to a 2x4 and slide it around from rafters in my trailer/shop.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
I have one of those Marts. Really like it but mine, the hooks are a bit of a pain. Makes it hard to move the bike around. I have it hooked to a 2x4 and slide it around from rafters in my trailer/shop.
Can't expect a whole lot when its free huh :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just realized you DIYed it Marts. Cool, got pics? Mine was like 9 bucks or some thing. Great concept if well made.