To big .. store

GoldenMotor.com

Dylanpieper

Jul 21, 2009
Iowa
well no stores have those fine thread screws and none that are longer than the ones i got. What would be the EASIEST way to make the frame support from store supplies. May need both sides. I just don't feel like ordering things online. Sick Bike Parts

To be honest it barley moves but id rather be safe than sorry.

ImageShack Gallery

Deadend

Aug 19, 2009
ca
do you mean for the rear mounts? If a hardware store doesn't have what you need, look for a specialty tool shop - one that caters to folks in the engineering / metal work fields / tap n die shops.

if they dont have it, they can order what you need for a really reasonable price.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Did you try NAPA? leftywoody is right about Fastenal... they have metric rod in four foot lengths, very reasonable. Hacksaw off the length you need... round the burred edge off with a file and you're good to go. Sometimes shopping on line can save a lot of time and make hard to find things available. I like having things arrive in the mailbox, saves a lot of driving around searching when you live in a remote area. I drove a total of sixty miles to buy rod at Fastenal. Shipping would have probably been as cheap as the gas I burned and that doesn't figure in the time spent driving.
Silverbear

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
well no stores have those fine thread screws and none that are longer than the ones i got. What would be the EASIEST way to make the frame support from store supplies. May need both sides. I just don't feel like ordering things online. Sick Bike Parts

ImageShack Gallery
Iowa doesn't have Ace Hardware? I have gotten just about any piece of hardware I have ever needed at Ace. Only real exception is 1 1/8" muffler clamps, which I get from NAPA.

I do have to say that my Ace Hardare is exceptional. For my bike, house, and just about any weird project I work on. They will special order for you if you need.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury

ImageShack Gallery
Go to ace hardware or any small hardware store and they have all the high grade bolts you need....They specialize in nuts and bolts....I get all my bolts from the hardware store....Napa might have something for you as well....
John-John