80cc 3 Speed Motorized Gas Bicycle Engine Kit

GoldenMotor.com

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I saw this advertised at thelashop.com. I wonder if it is just that they integrate the clutch lever and a 3 speed shifter mechanism.

They also advertise a dual brake/throttle kit.

Oh you and you can buy aquariums from them too..

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
To me it just looks like they are not telling the truth. Frankly it comes accross as a scam. 3 speeds more than implies gears. Nothing in the engine kit shows gears.

3-Speed Clutch Lever ----3 levels for speed selection. Easy to shift gears!
How?

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
That is what I thought was rather strange the engine kits look just like every other engine kit.

I am relatively old, when I was a kid you could get a honda 50 or 70 with a 3 speed automatic transmission engine. Now they would be cool on a bike today. Somewhere I have pic of them.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'm glad you feel 50 is not relatively old. When I was 48 I was young. Then bad things happened. Since Christmas of 2006, I decided I was old, but if I was to show you a picture of me in 2007 and one today I have less gray hair now and I do not dye it. It is one of the few things chemo did that was nice and I am only 50.

I really loved those little bikes. Those engines were rock solid and we beat the tar out of them. I remember honda did a similar 3 speed automatic on a 350. Could you imagine if we could get our hands on one of those 50cc engines for a bicycle now. Think of your shift kit and 21 speeds, LOL.

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Clueless vendor. The 3 speed is the three speed finger shifter that is used as a clutch. The 3 speed shifter is integrated with the brake lever and is a great option for centrifigal clutch engine owners. Not a good idea for a non-auto clutch engine because it takes too long to ratchet the finger shifter 3 clicks to disengage clutch.