adult training wheels for a cheaper than cheap trike like thing

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
With my love for all things weird and cheap it was only a matter of time. I have decided to build a bicycle into sort of a tricycle and electrify it.

First I'm taking my $12.50 thrift store 20" bike previous my own mobility scooter. I have restored the rear wheel chain drive drive. I have the shackles on the front fork allowing me to add the hub motor to the bike So all I had to do was build the adult training wheels to double as battery holders.

Those of you who know me know I can no longer ride two wheelers so this is my next attempt to build an alternative to a big box store Tricycle.

The shackles were made from one six inch heavy duty shelf bracket. about 5 bucks.

the wheels are from Northern tool and are about ten inches. They are the cheapest thing I was comfortable with. I thin about six bucks each. they have a 5/8 bore so I have a 5/8 crown threaded rod and some nuts About an eight inch platform on the training wheel and I should have a battery holder. So I'll send Pics when I finish it.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The beauty of being retired and have a shop full of bike parts. I spent two days building it rode it ten feet spent three hours unbuilding it. what a life.