50cc ht bicycle engine, sbp hd,16" gt lts

GoldenMotor.com

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa
I had an alum hard tail with forks that where dead so I bought those vector2s. then decided I wanted a lts. Small tho cus although I'm 6-1, my large mountain bike never felt as nimble as a 20inch single speed and I missed that. So I jumped on a 16 inch frame when i found one.

Its a very tight fit had to cut the front motor mount down and drill/tap new holes. Cut the intake and put in the old rubber hose extension. I'll upgrade that down the road.

The tank is from an old snow blower stuck in a bag w/a pocket for some tools.

I was able to use the front gear selector for the clutch. Allowing me to retain bolth brake levers(and keeping a clean look).All I had were some old center pulls so I grabbed some new xtr side pulls. WOW do they stop.

Took it for its 1st spin just a bit ago, jeez does it go. She's a 7speed, I ran out of alley before I wound 4th gear out. best thing I noticed was being able to gear up and keep the rpms down the thing is very quiet, when crusing.

Attachments

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa
Re: 50cc ht, sbp hd,16" gt lts

yes, not an expansion chamber so much. Muffler.

edit:they are made of thick alum. so there is meat to tap it and it lasts a long time while still being light weight. I didnt do any math but it does muffle well. lol

Last edited:

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

I'm sorry but that 'exhaust' looks terrible!
You really must try and sort that out

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC

I'm sorry but that 'exhaust' looks terrible!
You really must try and sort that out
My whole bike looks terrible, but she runs like a bat out of ****
P.S. Reclamer, I love the Rin and Stimpy signature .flg.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I am 6 foot tall that thing is way cramped in size. Great full sus set up for a J shaft though.

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa

thats the thrid config I've had the pipe in.

I agree its ugly. Thinking of moving it so its under the top tube rather than on top. I've got a smaller "muffler" in the works. maybe half that size. what dont we change over and over again on these things... never trully content with it lol.

I've only got maybe half an hour in the sadddle. she feels comfy, tho if I had to peddle it surelly would not be. I can see some riser bars in my future for sure.

really its for running off road, so meh on comfort anyway. got a motorcycle and a dyno roadster for that ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

While I must agree, I'm not the biggest fan of the exhaust system - I think the rest of that build looks friggin' sweet!!!

Form & function blending together is a look, an art all it's own (^)

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa

I'm having chain issues. when I first road it, it was fine. Yesterday I adjusted the engine up to tighten the j-shaft to chain wheel, chain.

Now the "peddle" chain wants to jump off the front chain ring. even just under peddle power. I did replace the "peddle chain". I looked up fitting a chain. wraped it form big cog to chain wheel then added a complete link. ended up removing a good 6+ links. Then went to dialing in the derailer. still jumping.

My jumpstop isnt helping, I think its to high, the lowest leading corner is next to the chain. Most of it is above the chain. As is now the lower clamp that holds the adjuster rod. is right where my jumpstop needs to be. gona have to try putting it lower than the clamp, I guess.

Could the chain from the crank to the j-shaft be too tight? didnt do this till I tighted it.

Last edited:

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa

I had my jump stop set up like ghost's but it wasnt working. So I swaped the bottom clamp with the jumpstop. It looks like the instructions now. funny tho I didnt do any thing else to it. chain runs good now

chain looks short to me, never noticed my derailer pointing that far forward. I guess w/smaller chain rings it should point forward more.

putting the clamp on top tightened the fit up even more. Now thats sorted I can get at the exhaust. may have to try bending something up. I wanted to get it running good with what I had on hand, before I get custom on it.

Attachments

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa

I've been jonesing to get back on it all morning. Gonna try the 5 mile trip to work after lunch.

looks like rain but oh well.

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa

I've got a good 25-30 miles on it now, riding back an forth from work. Not another chain issue at all. friggin great.

The tanks gotta go, rubs the rear on big bumps. comfort wise it's no different from my bigger mountain bike. crippling neck strain. taller bars are a must.

off to work on the tank/headlight/paint/exhaust

SAYNONOW

Aug 14, 2010
S.C.

How fast do you think you can get it up to?
Was the j/s kit hard to install?

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa

I'd say in the 35-40 range. It's way faster than the 44t it had. It can go much slower with out stalling too.

All the hills I've thrown it at so far have required me to UP shift mid way. :)

I had no problems puting the kit together. The new design they have looks to be even easier.

Last edited: