HF Contest ...or any bike with a 4 stroke!

GoldenMotor.com

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Dan,

I going to use my ReSicycle rat rod & a push trailer to match the design style of the ReSicycle. Here's a few pics of my entry. The 2nd pic is a homemade pocket/mini bike frame I picked up; the 3rd pic is the design I am going for.

BTW: Using the HF 6.5hp (thanks for the pusher idea).

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan here is my entry if I can get it finished. And if I can get a engine mounted on it. The last pic is what it is supposed to look like.
Recumbents! New category. I saw only one RMB in person. Was really cool. Still entering you other MB too? I have no idea what category she would be in but think similar to Max's. Extended frames?

Trying my first FD, so gonna enter that as well. Some great ideas around for em and was shocked to ride one. A lot smother then I was expecting.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan,

I going to use my ReSicycle rat rod & a push trailer to match the design style of the ReSicycle. Here's a few pics of my entry. The 2nd pic is a homemade pocket/mini bike frame I picked up; the 3rd pic is the design I am going for.

BTW: Using the HF 6.5hp (thanks for the pusher idea).
That is cool 2Dawgs! I missed your thread on her. http://motorbicycling.com/f45/resicycle-20530.html

That is gonna be sweet.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
My first MB was a recumbent, I really like the comfort but I have to build my own because they cost so much. Counting the trike I have three and have built 5 all together.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Steve I really liked your original idea with the trailer looking like a vintage trailer with storage and the engine hidden put some kind of blower cooling in it ad you are set

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Terry,

Still got that trailer design in mind for another build; just thought adding a fan & battery would make this push trailer much to heavy with the 6.5 HF engine & all. Still going to conceal the motor using mesh & rebar to allow for air circulation.

Can't wait to see the debut of the "Billy Goat".

Steve

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I was not thinking of a battery at all was thinking about the 6.5 running the blower there should be some shaft left over after you put a clutch on it and a simple sheave belt drive would be all you need
just a thought
Cheers

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I said it in that thread but Wow! She is gorgeous Terry!

Submit em all! Is a great spread.

Wait, do we have any rules on that or pretty much any thing? snork

How is Momma doing Terry? Every one ready for the blessed event? Hugs from us

Just a side note and unrelated. I went nutz at Harbor freight today and am almost completely tooled up. Working on a friction drive with an American engine! (and made with Chinese tools. It's about progress, not perfection. OK it is but hey)

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hey Dan
Glenda's last day was Friday and she is going for C section on the 30th but everything is good except the no work thing but everything else is good. Sounds like you had some fun at HF I love days like those. Manly Hugs to you and the rest of your crew
:)

Cheers
Terry

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Dan,

I had been thninking of alternative fuels to power the 6.5hp. Researched the threads on this subject and discovered you had explored this area extensively.

I am still checking out economic & simple ways to convert to propane. There are kits available for about triple the cost of the HF engine. Haven't give up yet on finding a modification that will work & not be too costly.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan,

I had been thninking of alternative fuels to power the 6.5hp. Researched the threads on this subject and discovered you had explored this area extensively.

I am still checking out economic & simple ways to convert to propane. There are kits available for about triple the cost of the HF engine. Haven't give up yet on finding a modification that will work & not be too costly.
I haven't looked at those threads in a long time and don't remember, but will read em again. Such a cool thought. Will ask a buddy. He is 3rd generation small engine shop owner and would know. I can't imagine a kit should cost so much but it's always that way, eh?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I am late!. Sorry about that. Been crazy busy here which is a good thing

The winners are (in no particular order)

Elmo. Southern devision.

Tyerslider's "Motor-NewsBoy" PNW devision

Terry Blow's http://motorbicycling.com/f41/blow-u-first-production-build-felt-18487.html Great White North devision.

2Dawgs's ReSicycle rat rod & push trailer. South West devision

Please email me your address for your fabulous and valuable prizes! (How would Don Pardo type that?) [email protected]

Will post certificates here. or link them. (I have yet to make em, lol. Really, where does the time go?)

Congratulations to all our winners! (again in Don Pardo voice)

.flg.