please help me

GoldenMotor.com

the ghostrider

Jul 3, 2011
nyc
I installed a 80cc grubee on my road bike about a month ago. I couldn't get the sprocket from the kit to stay true on the hub, so I bought a 22 tooth sprocket from a bike store that threaded onto the hub. The bike flys when it runs like it should, but lately it seems to have no power. It will struggle to run one minute and then all of a sudden run great with lots of strenght. I'm baffled. I've never been able to get it past about half throttle without it flooding out, unless I have the clutch in. Several times it puttered out after running great and gas started pouring out of the carb. Do I need a better carb? Does it need adjusting? Why does it run great one minute and struggle so much the next?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
This link will get you more familiar with the carb. Sounds to me like your carb is flooding from perhaps a crumb of trash on the needle valve seat attached to the float that regulates filling the float bowl up as the engine takes a sip of fuel? This would occur when you do not have a inline filter between the fuel tank and carb.

Or you could also simply have a float out of adjustment. Norm;s pictorial shows this better. http://motorbicycling.com/f39/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-install-rebuild-302.html

Think of the carb float assembly as a upside down toilette valve so to speak.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
If it runs better with the choke closed the I would start looking for the air leak. Also do what Goat suggested for the carb, but make sure you don't have an air leak cause it sounds like that may be part of your problems.