Is there a kit using a frame mounted Honda GHX35?

GoldenMotor.com

wildwestrider

Apr 17, 2009
Austin, Tejas
Wondering if there are any kits out there that are based on a frame mounted Honda GHX35 4 stroke. Not interested in a Rack mount set up like Staton's and Texas law now seems to suggest (still unclear) that anything up to a .40 liter is legal (yes, I realize that in TX, there is still a chance of being ticketed with a .35. Just doing some research.)

Brian in Austin

Last edited:

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
Wondering if there are any kits out there that are based on a frame mounted Honda GHX35 4 stroke. Not interested in a Rack mount set up like Staton's and Texas law now seems to suggest (still unclear) that anything up to a .40 liter is legal (yes, I realize that in TX, there is still a chance of being ticketed with a .35. Just doling some research.)

Brian in Austin
hello
the staton trans is what we use on our bikes but it is not mounted on a rack. take a peek at the design you might like it, the engine and trans sit behind the seat tube

wildwestrider

Apr 17, 2009
Austin, Tejas
hello
the staton trans is what we use on our bikes but it is not mounted on a rack. take a peek at the design you might like it, the engine and trans sit behind the seat tube
Sorry, when I said "rack mounted"............I meant "mounted in the position that a rear rack would normally occupy"............Im familiar with the Staton,.....but want more of a Motorcycle/motorbike look.

Brian

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
If you can tell me if you have a crankshaft sticking out of the engine, I can determine if our drive might work for you.

We do require a mounting place for Primary Pulley, and do not use the weedeater type clutches in our drives.

Mike

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wondering if there are any kits out there that are based on a frame mounted Honda GHX35 4 stroke. Not interested in a Rack mount set up like Staton's and Texas law now seems to suggest (still unclear) that anything up to a .40 liter is legal (yes, I realize that in TX, there is still a chance of being ticketed with a .35. Just doling some research.)

Brian in Austin
Now that you edited your original post, that answers my question....thanks. And I can't think of any off-hand, sorry.

skweezit

Dec 17, 2009
north of the alamo
Wondering if there are any kits out there that are based on a frame mounted Honda GHX35 4 stroke. Not interested in a Rack mount set up like Staton's and Texas law now seems to suggest (still unclear) that anything up to a .40 liter is legal (yes, I realize that in TX, there is still a chance of being ticketed with a .35. Just doing some research.)

Brian in Austin
Hey wildwestrider,
Here's the lowdown on texas law concerning motorized bikes. According to the Transportation code Section 3 chapter 551.351 : SUBCHAPTER E. MOTOR-ASSISTED SCOOTERS
Sec. 551.351. DEFINITION. In this subchapter, "motor-assisted scooter" means a self-propelled device with:
(1) at least two wheels in contact with the ground
during operation;
(2) a braking system capable of stopping the device
under typical operating conditions;
(3) a gas or electric motor (750W max) not exceeding 40 cubic
centimeters;
(4) a deck designed to allow a person to stand or sit
while operating the device; and
(5) the ability to be propelled by human power alone.

Sec. 551.352. OPERATION ON ROADWAYS OR SIDEWALKS.
(a) motor-assisted scooter may be operated only on a street or highway for which the posted speed limit is 35 miles per hour or less. The motor-assisted scooter may cross a road or street at an intersection where the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than 35 miles per hour.
(b) county or municipality may prohibit the operation of a motor-assisted scooter on a street, highway, or sidewalk if the governing body of the county or municipality determines that the prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.
(c) The department may prohibit the operation of a motor-assisted scooter on a highway if it determines that the prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.
(d) person may operate a motor-assisted scooter on a path set aside for the exclusive operation of bicycles or on a sidewalk.
Except as otherwise provided by this section, a provision of this title applicable to the operation of a bicycle applies to the operation of a motor-assisted scooter.
(e) provision of this title applicable to a motor vehicle does not apply to a motor-assisted scooter.

SECTION 4. Section 551.302, Transportation Code, as added by Chapter 1325, Acts of the 78th Legislature, Regular Session, 2003, is repealed.

SECTION 5. This Act takes effect immediately if it receives a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to each house, as provided by Section
39, Article III, Texas Constitution. If this Act does not receive the vote necessary for immediate effect, this Act takes effect September 1, 2005.

Also I too am interested in the titan 35 as an inframe mount.

xct2

Last edited: