Making a TOUGH decision

GoldenMotor.com

bcals0087

Mar 13, 2010
USA
So hello everyone I'm new to the forum and to the craft of building motorized bikes. I have already chosen the cruiser I will be using, however I'm having hard time deciding on what motor to get. I'm stuck between the PK-80, black stallion, flying horse, or jet. Anyone have any ideas which would be easiest to upgrade and provides the most kick for stock? ANY help is appreciated, i've been reading for hours and can't seem to come to a conclusion. Thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
This gets asked a million times.

They are all pretty much the same unless you believe all the advertising hype.

About the only real difference is the sellers reputation for after the sales service.

Buy the cheapest one you can find from a REPUTABLE seller.

I am sure this post will be followed with cries of "Buy from thatsdax" "buy from pirate cycles"....buy the one that is lowest cost and recommended b by the folks here.

Look to the sides of these pages for sellers.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
MY engine is the best gdangit!!!

oh wait... it's not fer sale o_O

:p

Reputable vendors FTW ;) You can ebay or w/e if ya wanna - but if you get the wrong item, shipping damage, missin' something, flawed, and/or alla the above...

Yer pwned and that's about it *shrug* I don't think takin' a chance like that is worth savin' what - like 10-20 bucks at the most?

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
pirate is great, I hear he has great customer service.
He told me the PK-80 has great quality parts and seems to produce more low end torque. I would for sure buy a PK-80 from him. Thats what im doing. :D OH, and his prices are great too.

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
I ordered the cheapest 66cc engine I could find on ebay. It was from LuckyEarlyBird (LEB). My only complaint so far is that I ordered a black engine and the picture of the kt showed a black muffler but it came with a chrome muffler. Nothing too serious though. I know a lot of people who order off of ebay do so from BoyGoFast (BGF).

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
a black stallion is a black jet. they are reputed the be one of the top 3.
i used the silver jet, and flying horse in over 30 installations. these have averaged over 4,000 miles.
i do find the grubee skyhawk to be overall the best with extra kit parts, will configure to more types of frames. they do cost more i have a friend that went to Calif and back (6,000 miles) and is still using the same motor.

bear in mind!!!! these 'china girls' are the cheapest motors on the market and you are at the luck of the draw. the have little or no quality controll at the factory and you can get a piece of crap.
buy from a known, reccomended dealer and talk to them on the phone explaing their warranty. i have found 2 dealers that have NO waranty!!! they say "you are getting it so cheap there is no waranty, just replace it!" honest!

stay dry
gubba