Free Edjamication

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
We all get a free education ever day, I think back to the first m/b I built and the learning curve that now seems so simple. We learn something every day that we may not realize.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I think I probably got the best education at Haard-Knox University. But it was kinda expensive.
LOL Allen. The other day in an Brittish chat room. I said "I got tire damage on the road less travelled, on my way to the school of hard knocks"

..And was instantly asked if I was an American.

Ludwig, how would that lead English folks to correctly guess my location? Kinda amazed me.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
LOL Allen. The other day in an Brittish chat room. I said "I got tire damage on the road less travelled, on my way to the school of hard knocks"

..And was instantly asked if I was an American.

Ludwig, how would that lead English folks to correctly guess my location? Kinda amazed me.
Not sure about the rest of the quote, but they do spell "tire" t-y-r-e over there more often than not, where we spell it t-i-r-e. Just a hunch.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Tire is the giveaway. Another difference is saying that you did something at age 6, where the English would be "at the age of 6". There are many small differences.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks, Ludwig. Separated by a similar language, again.

Taking 2 of those courses. Really fascinating. An English course from an Aussie collage and a philosophy course from an English university. (Just caught that, my own self)

But just so cool. Only bummer part is I really am starting a bit above my head. But they give links to less difficult study aids.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I find that as a guitar player, learning for me is best accomplished by sitting in with real ability, and working like a maniac to get it right.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is really great advise, Ludwig. In any endeavor.

Work so hard at some thing that hrs go by and you don't notice. And ask for help & guidance.

~"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have taken courses there, IWW. Some great stuff.

It would be kinda fun to get a bunch of us to do one as a group. Like a book club. It is a cold winter up my way and looking for a project that doesn't involve being in the shop before sunrise. LOL, or 11AM.
Had all summer to figure out some sort of heating. But did I? NOoooo. (Like winter in Connecticut is such a surprise most yrs)