Bottom Bracket

GoldenMotor.com

gcruiser

Jul 27, 2010
Truckee, CA
Hey! my 3-piece bottom bracket with the wide crank (came with my 4-stroke kit from bicycle engines.com) is driving me nuts. It won't stay tight. I Installed it on my bike with the right hand threaded bearing cup/lockring on the pedal-sprocket side. The left hand thread bearing cup is on the left side of the bike. Is this correct? anyone know a way to keep it tight? locktight?! it loosens up after lik5 minutes of riding even when I'm not pedaling. I assume its engine vibration. Any better parts out there?
any advise is much appreciated.
Thanks, Greg

Chalo

Aug 10, 2010
Texas
The right side (drive side) cup should be left hand threaded into the frame. The left side (the adjustable cup of a loose ball bottom bracket) should be right hand threaded. If your frame is incorrectly threaded, the only cure is to get the cups really tight, or to use a threadlocker of some kind.

This is not a smart situation, but it is tolerable. Italian and French bottom brackets use right hand threading on both sides. Though they have chronic problems with right side cup loosening, they can be tightened enough to be reliable.

Chalo

davechitown

Nov 1, 2011
chicago
Does any one know where to get the 3 ring sprockets compatible with the wide bottom bracket on 4 stroke kits?I want to be able to use my front derailer and I see know reason why there is no where I can find one