I think I found the hot ticket! Yamaha GT80 Carb

GoldenMotor.com

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
I have a feeling this will work. I have a trick 1973 Yamaha GT1/GT80 that I just scored a Webco head for and I think the carb will work perfect on a 2 stroke 66cc bicycle engine. Yamaha made the GT80 for close/over 10 years so I know you can get jets from Yamaha. Take a look at the pic's. The intake flange is just a little bigger but I'm sure you can shim it up. The over all size of the carb is not much bigger but as you can see in the pic's the slide is much larger. You have a air/fuel screw, slow and high speed jets! What more can you ask for? I'm going to try this out here soon on my bike and play around with jets. I will let you know how it works out. If anyone else has used a Yamaha GT80 carb, please let me know what size jets you are using if you are @ sea-level. I'm sure you can pick these carbs up on E-bay cheap. 5000

Attachments

Last edited:

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
I have a feeling this will work. I have a trick 1973 Yamaha GT1/GT80 that I just scored a Webco head for and I think the carb will work perfect on a 2 stroke 66cc bicycle engine. Yamaha made the GT80 for close/over 10 years so I know you can get jets from Yamaha. Take a look at the pic's. The intake flange is just a little bigger but I'm sure you can shim it up. The over all size of the carb is not much bigger but as you can see in the pic's the slide is much larger. You have a air/fuel screw, slow and high speed jets! What more can you ask for? I'm going to try this out here soon on my bike and play around with jets. I will let you know how it works out. If anyone else has used a Yamaha GT80 carb, please let me know what size jets you are using if you are @ sea-level. I'm sure you can pick these carbs up on E-bay cheap. 5000
Nice Pix 26! There's no reason it should'nt work once you get the air/fuel mixture dialed in correct. keep us posted for results, Thanksxct2

GreenPurgatory

Jan 28, 2010
Ave Maria, Florida
For these, you'd need a remote choke lever and cable, because this has an actual choke circuit. You'll need a vacuum tube cap, because there's a vacuum pipe on the carb that I believe is intended to run a diaphragm fuel petcock. That needs to be capped off. You'll probably need to play with jetting. And you'll need a lightweight air cleaner (see Venice's problems with broken intakes).
Thank you, it seems that the CNC might be the way to go for me (since, I don't know of half the things you are talking about, laff). It seems like the CNC is almost ready to go from the box. I will have to look further into it, because it appears that some people have had serious issues with it.

Your post should be very beneficial to other users considering this route.

Thanks again,
GreenPurgatory

pbarrows107

Feb 8, 2011
New Jersey
Hi 26incher
Do you still have that GT80 Webco Head?
Could you send me a picture of it?
I have a GT80 and I'd like to try to find one of these for it.
Thanks,
Phil