Alternative Engines

GoldenMotor.com

Jonathan W

Mar 8, 2017
NC
I, like a lot of board track builders wrestle with trying to make a engine look vintage or fill the space to make one look more period correct. Here is one that I done using a antique Quincy air compressor for a engine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRF0fMNM1zg and this is the one I am working on now, it will be 280cc and look period correct for the early to mid teens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh4UWOD8WiE&t=4s I am building the engine case from wood, then casting it from aluminum. The cylinder is a WW2 B-29 APU engine cylinder.

1hp

Mar 11, 2017
Montréal
Really cool , ill be watching this! , wish someone could produce a kit for those who build there own loop frame bikes , i joined exactly to see what was possible to achieve as far as realistic motor for motorized bike/BTR

Au117

Sep 29, 2016
Champaign il
I have enjoyed all your videos. thanks for posting the things you do. looking forward to the aluminum casting and seeing this engine runing. Very interesting project

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
How many of you know what a Ricardo Dolphin is? It's from the 1900s. It's not so much supercharged as scavenged by the pump.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thank you so very much Jonathan W. for this engine build and for your videos documenting the process.

Ever since seeing a video by Budfab a few years ago, I have fantasized about building such an engine. Alas, I have no machining tools whatsoever, so that ain't happening for me, but I am excited and heartwarmed to see you painstakingly tackle this process.

I love the mating of old pieces with a new piston, rod, crank and self made case. It is functional art for me. I am on episode 6 right now, and I look forward to watching each and every episode, probably some multiple times.

This thread is one of the single most exciting discoveries that I have had the pleasure and of following.

Thanks bro, one day I may be as bad-ass as you, but I doubt it.

Gilbert

Reactions: MotorBicycleRacing